Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ariana didn’t realize it but she was driving him crazy. Jax laid there praying for strength to keep a firm grasp on his control; it was torture to try to keep from reacting to her being so near. Her hands were all over his chest and her left one was dangerously south.

The sun was shining through the only window in the room, it would be time for school soon. “Ariana?” he tightened his arm around her waist, instead of waking up she moved closer to him. “Damn it.” he was going to die from the desire cramping his body. He had to get up and he did just that; he sat up.

“Sorry.” She pushed back the hair from her face while fully waking up. “I shouldn’t have---”

“It’s alright, I already told you you’re not a bother to me.”

She opened her mouth to say something then closed it, she repeated this three times as every time she was going to speak her eyes fell to his bare chest. “How do you stay in shape?” she managed to say moments later. “You don’t play sports.” She blurted next.

“I run.” Jax answered smoothly and tried not to reveal the grin playing on his lips. It was nice to know he wasn’t the only one hot and bothered by their situation.

Desire started to seep into her eyes the more she looked at him and his assets. “I’ve never seen runners who look like you.”

Their eyes met again and this time he was a goner, reaching out to cup the back of her neck and bring her even closer. The kiss was meant to relieve some of the burning attraction between them but instead it sent it overboard and over the high edge.

Jax knew right from wrong he knew he should let her go but he couldn’t, his arm tightened around her waist and brought her to his lap. When she ran her nails down the side of his arm he knew his control was sipping far past the point where he could regrasp it.

His hand slipped under her shirt over her back, she wasn’t wearing anything under it. He couldn’t deny this opening. He pulled away from her mouth and hiked her shirt up. Ariana gasped as his mouth circled around her left breast. Her hands moved through his loose hair. He felt the confusion inside her body, she didn’t know what to do or feel. He laid her back on the bed and kissed her on the mouth again

Their bodies stilled as someone knocked on the door. “You’re going to be late if you don’t get up now.” Julie said then walked away.

Ariana had forgotten the time and even what day it was. She got caught up in Jax and didn’t care about anything more. She laid there feeling like a fool. She made a move to sit up and realized his hand was still on her chest. She hadn’t known her nipple could get that hard or the ache she could feel between her legs. “Jax?”

He turned his face away from the door. “I was listening to see if she comes back. She always knocks to wake me up.”

“Jax your hand.” She whined, biting down on her lip.

He lowered his fire blue eyes from her face down to her chest. “Oh.” Slowly, meaning to tease her, he lowered his hand out from under her shirt.

Out of his hold she got up and moved to the corner of the bed. “If she’s in the kitchen she’ll see me coming up.” Ariana was worried.

“If anyone asks you woke up early and came to talk to me, no big deal.”

She feared it wasn’t that easy, it was like the words of what they had done were written all over her face. “Ok.” She took a deep breath and told herself she could do this, it was just one more lie, simple. Her heart sank, she was sick of all these lies.