XXXIII: No Regrets, Just Love

QOTC: You are Uchiha Sasuke, I pressume? The man who pretended to be evil and lived an eternity alone.

- Blind Vendor to Sasuke

********************************************************

Chapter 33: No Regrets, Just Love

The cup of tea slid out of Sakura's hands, crashing to the floor, sending shards flying to all direction. "Itachi had a girlfriend?"

"Of course he did, he even dated a lot of women before." Said the blue-skinned sharksman. He looked at Hotaru. "Aren't you?"

"Who's Itachi?" Rin asked.

Hotaru said nothing. The relaxed graceful fierce had gone out of her expression. Her golden eyes were blazing and shining as the radiant sun. "I see you're still strangely colored."

Sakura moved away from Wakana. There was nothing gentle the way Hotaru implied those words, and yet everything was replaced by miff and setting of score. Her hands were loose, as she stared at Sasuke, enflamed. And she knew what this look meant.

He reminded her of Itachi.

Sakura wondered for an instance, what it's like of standing before a stranger who looked like that person who meant the world to you... You really look like her, don't you? Just like Rin.

"What brings you back?" Said Kisame.

"I let Kabuto brand me. When Itachi died I left, trying to sort things out, and when I came back, every single person of the Akatsuki was dead." She said, her eyes lost in the path of the history. "I searched everywhere when I found out Konan was killed a month ago. I've never heard from Leader-sama again."

"Why did you come back?" Sakura asked.

"Revenge," she simply said, her hand sending sparks of glitter whenever she would waver them. "After I get back from this mission, Kabuto will give me a name, and I'll hunt down every pathetic humanbeing to make sure no one will ever hear from it again." Then she got out, leaving the four of them immobile.

"But I've never seen her before," said Sakura, having a bad feeling about this. "I've barely seen her in the Binggo book."

"Itachi fought hard to keep her from Sasuke." He looked at the raven, who froze at his position. "So when the day he'll surrender himself, the girl wouldn't even think of hurting his little brother. I reckon she's even here to watch over you. Don't you think?"

"What happens if she finds out?" Sakura asked, horrified.

Kisame shot her a terrifying look, the look anyone would give when your time is about to run out. "Let's calculate the possibilities that will turn out, shall we?" He looked at Sasuke. "Hotaru would try to take your life, but instead you're the one who took hers. Itachi's day just got a lot better."

                                            ✞ Եհҽ ղҽ×Ե մϲհíհɑ ✞

                                KNOW WHAT YOU'RE FALLING FOR

Let's go all the way tonight

No regrets. Just love

We can dance

Until we die

You and I