:Genius: Chapter Two

Start from the beginning

Wait, My parents?

"What about my parents?" Neither Catherine nor Mack replied. They didn't need to. I saw it in their faces. You see, Catherine and my parents trained to become bounty hunters, but Catherine had to carry on the family trade of being a head teacher when her mother died seventeen years ago. My parents and her was so close, they missed their Hunting final, and ended up having to take the course again. Needless to say, both people present are extremely good friends of my parents. The only two good friends of my parents, actually, bounty hunters aren't exactly known for having a wide range of friends.

"They were chasing a killer, but he had a back up plan. The only way they could get him and save the civilian was-" Catherine started sobbing, Mack put a hand on her shoulder, and ended the story.

"...Was by crashing their car into his. They died instantly." I gasped.

Okay, So maybe their body language had said it all before I even sat down (Heath, my Body language and emotion recognising teacher would be proud), So maybe I knew there was something wrong before I even entered, So maybe I had been feeling something wrong with my parents for the past couple of days, but it was a heart stopping shock to hear it out loud. To realise it had happened...

The blank paper I had moved earlier sat on the desk still, one had drifted to the floor. Separated by anything but choice. It was isolated and alone.

Like me.

My parents were the best in the line of work. Everyone had heard of them, well, all secret agents, CSI and those of that profession had heard of them. They had been presented with awards from the queen and the president of the united states. Everyone said they were likeable people, even if they were cold and suspicious.. Even Lily stuttered every time they came to see me. I stared up at my teachers.

"What now?"

They didn't answer my question. They never got the chance to, because as soon as the words spilled from my lips two police officers were being escorted in by the same person who brought me here.

"What's going on?"I asked. Catherine was covering her mouth, tears flowing gently down her face.

"Jane Bostan?" One of the officers asked. Confusion flooded me, I was glad of it, it washed away the sense of dread for not calling my parents last night.

Who was Jane Bostan? I glanced at my teachers, with a nod of there head it was confirmed. I looked back towards the two men.

"Yes?"

"After certain events and no relatives to rely on, were sorry but we have to take you to a new home." The first man said. My eyes widened. I was the second smartest girl in the world, I needed to be in this school to get a for filling education. With all that status behind my title, some one would think I was smarter than to question. Nether the less, the only words I could muster out of my mouth were;

"You're kidding, right?"

The two police officers left me alone quickly after I had screamed at them. They gave me two hours to pack my belongings. Two hours to bag away fifteen years of my life. I stood in the middle of Catherine's office. My mouth was parched from the scream I gave them.

“That was the first time I've hear you scream, but I bet if you screamed again, you could have gotten more than a few hours.” Mack tried to laugh, but it came out awkward and forced. He handed me a glass of water, which I took a sip out of, then put it down. We both knew I wouldn't touch it again.

I was once told by a very wise person, that to make a story interesting, leave out the bits people tend to skim over. So I won't spend fifteen minutes explaining how I never acted like a spoiled brat, how I only acted like a spoiled brat to make the police leave me alone while I packed and as a way to get someone to explain why the police were involved, and why they thought my name was Jane Bostan. Instead I'll skip to why and move onto to the how.