Chapter 12 - Lola's POV

Alright so a few of you guys wanted a chapter in Lola's POV and I decided that was probably a good idea, So here it is! :) 

Lola's POV

"Lol" My eight year old brother whispered faintly. It was around midnight, and I got back from the party with the guys and Grace about an hour ago. When I got home, my mum was passed out on the couch. Again. I was relieved by that, because she wouldn't have known that I left at all.

"Yeah?" I whispered back. My room was pitch black apart from the creek in the door where Jackson stood. I was half asleep too, making it hard for me to consentrate on him. 

"She's doing it again" He told me, a crack in his voice. I felt sorry for him. The poor boy has to witness his mother have mental breakdowns every night, because he was too scared to sleep. I was scared too. I was scared for both of us. 

"Come here" I told him, pulling one side of my blanket down, motioning for him to climb in next to me. He quickly tiptoed towards me, and crawled into the bed next me. "You alright?" I asked him. 

"Why does she cry like that? W-Why is she always sleeping?" He said quietly. I looked at the boy holding onto me in fear for a moment. He has no idea what was happening. He didn't know any better. To him this is normal. 

"She has Problems Jack" I mumbled, kissing the top of his head. 

"I don't like it here, Lol. I want to leave" He cried, clutching onto my t-shirt. I looked at him with guilt. Secondhand guilt, actually. I hated my mother. I didn't care about her, in any way. But I couldn't let social services take us away. They'd take Jackson and give him to a family, and I'd be left at one of those houses. Where the kids that aren't wanted go. 

I couldn't let that happen. 

My eighteenth birthday is coming up soon. As soon as I'm legally an adult, I'm filing for adoption papers over Jackson and I'm taking him. I'm not sure where, but I'll find a job somewhere. i'll get an apartment and we'll live there until I finish highschool and get a real job. Louise, our neighbour, said we could live there as long as we wanted until I got my schooling under control. 

I have another year before i graduate yet, which makes things dificult. You see, I was kept down in eighth grade, so I was a year behind on my plan. I'm a year older than the others in my grade, but no one knew that. If they did, I'd never hear the end of it. The constant you're so stupid that you got kept down would detroy me. I wasn't stupid. I had just missed so much school because of my mother.

"Soon, baby. Soon" I told him. I rolled over and put a protective arm over him, making sure he knew he was safe. 

Crash!  It sounded like glass hitting a wall, and I knew then that my mother had thrown her beer bottle at the wall. A cry filled my ears afterwards, which made me wince. She was crying, again.

Jackson started sobbing, so I grabbed my ipod and earphones and handed it to him. I had a playlist made up on my phone for him to listen to, for nights like this. He gladly took the device and started playing the music. 

When he stopped shaking, I knew he had calmed down and was close to sleeping, so I tried to dose off aswell. 

No doubt I'll be the one to clean up her mess tomorrow morning. 

----------------------

"Hurry up and wake up you filthy pig!" My mum roared the next morning. I sighed and turned to my clock. 7:18am is what it read. "Your alarm has been fucking blaring alll morning!" She growled, banging on my door. Jackson quickly sat up and cuddled into me, knowing if she got in, it could get ugly.