I decided to do something different. I hope this can catch your attention. Remember english isn't my first language, so please; give me criticism so I can improve my writing skills! :) Remember to vote and fan! <3
- "Mommy? What is light elves?"
- "Enya, you're one yourself. There's two kind of elves. Dark elves and Light elves. Dark elves are evil. You don't wan't to be friends with evil elves now do you?" She smiled and her light brown hair framed her tanned face and hazel eyes. She was beautiful.
- "No mommy. Where do the Dark elves live?"
- "Good Enya. Light elves lives in Vaneria while Dark elves lives in the dark side of Everqúe"
- "But mommy? How do I know the difference between Dark elves and Light elves?"
- "We'll get to that when you get older my child. Now go to sleep."
11 years later
- "Enya for the last time! Why do you always have to cause us trouble?! You're sixteen! Grow up young lady!" - His deep voice yelled at me.
- "Oh dad try to relax a little bit. I was bored I mean what can I do" I tried to look as innocent as I could.
I couldn't see why he was making such a big deal out of it. I was just a young teenager trying to have fun. It wasn't my fault that some elves - as in Holly - didn't have any sense of humor. I chuckled when I thought back on how her face expression looked like when she got ripe tomatoes on her face.
- "Enya! Are you even listening?" - my dads voice cut through my beautiful flash back.
- "Yea yea. I am grounded as always" I mumbled.
- "Oh no Enya. Not this time. This time you'll have to pay for it."
I burst out laughing. Oh my god I had such a sweet.. and yet so stupid father. He knew that I didn't have a job how could I possibly pay for it?
I wiped my away my tears: "How much daddy?"
He raised his eyebrow: "Oh my dear. Not money, but a punishment that will help you back on the right track."
What could that possibly be?
"And that is?" I asked curiously.
This time I actually felt nervous. I stared deeply into his brown eyes just to see a sign of emotion. But there was nothing. I turned my gaze towards my mom who was standing next to dad, almost speechless. Her big hazel eyes looked at me in disappointment.
My mom sighed: "Enya. You'll have to do the.." She looked down and then turned her gaze towards me again: "the Elvian-test"
Wtf. What is the Elvian-test? I looked confused but before I could ask her she began to explain.
"The Elvian-test takes place at a camp in the forest. It's a test where you and another elf - in this case Dark elf since you're a Light elf - will have to survive together. Alone with some coaches and other troublemakers. As I said before you'll get a partner, but you'll get chained together, so you're forced to help each other. The test will hopefully learn you to get some responsibility and to cooperate and don't you dare think about fighting against your partner or those who watch over you, cause you'll lose the power that you're supposed to get when you hit 18."
I widened my eyes. My heart start pounding. Were they kidding?!
I looked at them in disgust: "Dark elf? We hate Dark elves remember?!"
"I know that, Enya. But that's why we have to learn to cooperate together with our enemies in hope that some day we'll get together as one big clan"
I rolled my eyes to prevent the tears from falling: "How can you even give this a second thought! They're evil. We're good. What if I get just as bad as them? Or even worse. If they do something cruel to your own daughter!"
My dads gaze faced the ground. I hope he could taste some guilt.