Voiceless • Chapter Ten

***

Dedicated to @ImDaDarkside because she’s awesome (actually, almost everyone I meet is awesome :D)

As I said before, school’s been keeping me too busy that I might update a little late even for the next future chapters to come. I’m so sorry. But still, I’ll try my best to still update regularly (which means I’ll update every weekend).

Enjoy Chapter ten! <3 (Eep! We’ve finally reached a two-digit chapter! I don’t know why, but I always feel so happy whenever I reach two digits in a chapter, haha :D)

[EDITED - 8/17/13]

***

VOICELESS • Chapter Ten

I look at the backpack lying on the bed in front of me. Jay texted me earlier that the vacation will last for two days, so I should bring the appropriate clothes. “Oh, and don’t forget to bring a swimsuit, Flo will definitely ask everyone to swim as soon as possible” he added on his text.

   It’s been bugging my mind for quite some time now but… How in the world can Jay act so normal after he just acted so indescribable two weeks ago? I mean, I know it’s been two weeks but still… Ever since then, we didn’t talk to each other until earlier today when he sent me a text message about the Vacation. Is he bipolar or what?

   Well, at least he didn’t change his mind about inviting me to their group vacation.

   Speaking of the incident two weeks ago, Vanessa still hasn’t messaged me until last time. I mean, I know it’s a good thing—for me, anyway—but it’s making me a bit anxious. I don’t know why, either. Why in the world am I acting like this?!

   “Hey.” My older sister’s voice makes me jump in surprise. I look behind me and I see Trisha lean on the doorframe. I raise both of my eyebrows questioningly. “Mom told me I should come with you.”

   Ah, I knew it. Mom would never let me go alone in a faraway place. I mean, this is the first time I’ve ever been in a vacation without my family. Well, at least Trisha’s the only one who’s coming. I understand that mom cares for my safety. I just hope that Jay and the others won’t mind about another passenger with them.

   Oh, and I sure hope Ian’s fine with letting Trisha sleep in his resort, too.

   Oh, God. Now I feel shy. What if he gets annoyed? What if he thinks “Ugh. Why didn’t she say that someone else will come with her beforehand?”

   I hope Ian’s not that kind of person.

   A doorbell rings at the front door and I hear my mom call, “Ivey, your friends are here!” I quickly grab my phone and sling my backpack on my right shoulder, running downstairs towards my mom (Trisha tailing along), who’s reading a magazine on the couch and watching a cooking channel in the living room at the same time. She’s the only one I know who can do this.

   I kiss my mom’s cheek and that’s the only time she notices me behind her. She smiles and kisses my cheek in return. “Be careful, and have fun. Oh, and remember to text me from time to time so I won’t be worried!” I laugh and nod, waving goodbye to her and walking at the front door. I suddenly stop as someone pops out of nowhere and block the doorway.

“Ivey!” The petite girl says. I suddenly realize that she looks like the girl in that profile page I saw in Facebook… Oh what’s her name again?