Topic One: Animals

Topic One: Animals

~Ostriches are not often taken seriously. They can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions.
(I wish I could roar like a lion! All I can do is squeak like a mouse...)

~Sloths take two weeks to digest their food.
(So does that means they only poop once every two weeks or something?)

~Guinea pigs and rabbits don't sweat.
(So I take it they don't use deoderant...)

~The porpoise is the second to man as the most intelligent animal in the world.
(So women aren't as intelligent as men? HA! Yeah right.)

~The duckbill platypus can store as much as 600 worms in the pouches of its cheeks.
(Uh... no comment.)

~The lifespan of a squirell is about nine years.
(Not the squirrels where I live! We have squirrel hunting season!)

~A group of twelve or more cows is called a flink.
(Look! I see a flink!)

~Cats have scent glands on their faces, that's why when they rub their heads against you, they are marking you as their territory.
(Uh... so I'm my aunt's cat's territory?)

~A British medical journal called The Practitioner has determined that bird watching can be hazardous to one's health. They have officially designated bird watching a hazardous activity, using the example of the death of a bird watcher who became so wrapped up in watching a particular bird that he failed to notice his potentially dangerous surroundings and was eaten by a crocodile.
(Remind me never to go bird watching in a crocodile infested area then.)

~Snakes who have the genetic mutation of having been born with two heads have a hard time eating, because the two heads generally fight over which gets the food.
(I'm placing my bets that head #1 gets the mouse first!)

~Giraffes can't cough.
(Aw... poor giraffes. What happens if they get something stuck in their really long necks, then?! They die?!)

~All shrimp are born male, but slowly grow into females as they mature.
(That's disturbing.)

~You can house break an armadillo.
(I wanna try that! But where am I going to find an armadillo?)

~Cows are the only mammals that pee backwards.
(I don't even eant to know how that's possible...)

~Ostriches stick their heads in the sand to look for water.
(*WeasleyTriplet99 is incapable of commenting at the moment because she is sticking her head in sand, looking for water, with her pet ostrich named Cow.)

~Goldfinches eat upside down.
(Ergh... I don't know what to say for this one.)

~A dog's mucus glands are the size of fifty postage stamps.
(Imagine how big their boogers must be!)

~The kinkajou's tail is twice as long as its body. Every night, it wraps itself up in its tail and uses it as a pillow.
(I need to get myself a kinkajou just to see that happen and marvel at the kinkajou's cuteness.)

~A donkey will sink in quicksand but a mule won't.
(From now on, when ever I have a choice of riding a donkey or mule, I'm choosing a mule. You know, just to be on the safe side.)

~Pigs can become alcoholics.
(Oops, shouldn't have gotten my aunt's pig whiskey last Christmas.)

~To escape the grip of a crocodile's jaws, push your thumbs into its eyeballs-it will let you go instantly.
(Good to know.)

~Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
(And I thought my hamster was insane!)

~During WWII, Americans tried to train bats to drop bombs.
(That just proves that Americans are just plain desperate to be different... Either that or their just being plain stupid.)

~One species of antelope, the Sitatunga, can sleep underwater.
(Creepy...)

~The black bear is not always black. It can be brown, cinnamon, yellow, and sometimes a bluish color.
(That explains why my uncle said he saw a brown, black bear last year...)

THE END!! Hope you liked it! There will be more!