Chapter 32

It was only an hour later when Harry texted me. I was currently bundled up on the couch, looking through my science notes since I had a test in two days.

From: Harry :)

Are you okay there by yourself?

I decided to ignore it, something about the way he's been acting lately is starting to bother me.

Once again my phone buzzed indicating I had another message.

From: Harry :)

Don't ignore me, I can see when you read my messages.

Oh shit I forgot about that....

To: Harry :)

Yeah I'm fine.

I felt satisfied with my answer, hoping he would notice the rudeness.

From: Harry :)

Sorry for asking.

Wow, two can play at this game.

I turned my phone off and threw it to the side. It was only distracting me from my studying anyways.

Moments later my mom came walking inside with a bag of food and two drinks.

"Hey mom." I called to her from the couch.

"Hey Jess, I thought I'd grab some Chinese for your father, so I got some for us too." She said smiling.

"When does he come home?" I asked, getting up and grabbing my little box of food.

"This coming Thursday I believe." She replied. Only 5 more days.

"By the way I took off of work tomorrow, maybe we can have a mother-daughter date?" She asked giggling.

"Of course." I said, returning a smile. It's been nearly a month since I've actually spent time with her.

We both ate our food on the couch, while she watched tv and I studied a little longer. Eventually my eyes were tired of reading so I set it to the side.

My mom looked over at me then back to the tv.

"So how much longer until Harry asks you to be his girlfriend? I tell you what that boy-"

"Yeah about that..." I replied smiling.

"Did he really!" She shouted happily. I'm glad she's actually supportive of it. A few weeks ago neither of my parents even liked the idea of him.

"Yeah a few days ago." I said with a smile.

"That's great honey! I'm glad your happy." She stated.

"Yeah.." I replied, my smile fading.

"Well I'm going to go to bed now, good night mom." I said, kissing her cheek and hopping up the stairs.

I can't wait to get this stupid cast off. Now that I think of it, I left my crutches at Harry's. Oh well.

I hadn't even noticed that it was only 8pm until I sprawled out on my bed. To be honest I wasn't tired.

It was already dark out so I couldn't really do much. I grabbed my guitar from my beside and strummed the strings. I'm really not sure how to play it fully, I'm just learning.

As I hit a note, I could hear something bang my window, which scared me half to death. I'm suprised my window didnt crack.

I rushed over to see what the hell it was. Looking down, I saw Harry looking up at me. He pointed at the window, telling me to open it.

I unlocked it and pushed it up, looking down at Harry.

"What the fuck Harry, you nearly broke my window!" I shouted at him.

"Shh. I think your mom is asleep, the lights are all off except yours." He whispered/shouted.

"And by the way, why isn't your fucking phone on?" He replied once again.

"I'd like a night to relax, is that a problem?"

"Yes it's a problem! How would I know if some fucking bastard got ahold of you or something?" He yelled back angrily.

"I think I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." I said, shutting the window and locking it. Damn he pisses me off.

I went back to my bed and went back to my guitar.

Within seconds Harry was standing in my door frame, smirking.

"Well, look what the dog dragged in." I said sassy.

His smirk grew. "Feisty tonight are we?" He asked inching closer to me.

He pulled me up from my sitting position and wrapped his hands around my waist, kissing my neck lightly.

"Stop." I said, pushing him back.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked harshly.

"I'm sick of arguing with you, please leave," I said looking at the ground.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong," he replied.

"I feel like you've been keeping too many things from me."

"Like what?" He said, stepping back.

"Okay then. Tell me, what did Alan say to you earlier?"

"Jess- i can't..."

"See, that's what I thought. Bye Harry." I replied back, tears threatening to fall.

"No I'm not leaving." He said, holding his ground. "I'm here to make sure you're okay. To protect you. You have no fucking clue why Alan is harassing you. No fucking clue. And I don't plan on telling you because I don't want to see you involved okay?"

"If he's harassing me I'm already involved! Just tell me what he said!"

"I'll tell you when I think it's the right time. Now is not the right time."

"If you care about me, you'd tell me."

"Don't say that. I'm not telling you now!" and that's when I slapped him across the face.

"What the fuck?" He said holding his cheek.

"I'm done, Harry." I said, tears falling as I shook my head.

"Yeah maybe I am too." He said, walking to the door then stopping for a moment. I swear I could see a tear in his eye.

"Harry?" I said, stopping him once again.

"You know who shot my father don't you." It all clicked.

"Yeah, I do." He said as he rushed down the stairs and out of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~

Panic attack, anyone? Hahaha

I may update again tonight since I'm not busy.

Please, vote comment follow, all that good stuff.

Thanks so much for the 1.3million reads my babies :)