Chapter 2

The brothers stood in shock, not moving like a statue.

“You know it’s rude to stare” the girl replied, smiling warmly “And beside you might burn holes” Her green chartreuse eyes glimming with childishness.

“Ah! Sorry!” Konrad replied, shaking his head “But what are you doing in our house?”

“Oh that” the girl replied “Well, I’m supposed to deliver a message to Alice Knight”

“You couldn’t have used the front door?” Convel asked, gesturing towards the front door.

“But that’s boring!” she replied “Everyone else does that!” brushing her hair off her pale face.

“Ah, never mind” Konrad replied “What’s your name anyways? By the way I’m Konrad and this is Convel”

“Oh sorry, forgot my manners” the girl replied “Hi, I’m Raven Silvano, nice to meet you” holding out a hand. As Convel shook Raven's hand, another thud came from the kitchen. 

"Seriously, what type of people would leave these on the kitchen floor?!" an irritated voice replied "Gahh! That stinks like a wet dog that chewed on un-washed sports socks!" 

"Amaya's here" Raven replied, walking away from the door and behind the brothers. Before Konrad could ask, the door creaked opened revealing a girl with long curly almond hair braided on the top, standing at the doorway. Her soft blue wild flower eyes looking at Raven with some relief. 

"Finally found you, Raven" the girl named Amaya replied, pushing her hair away form her pale cream face. 

"Sorry to trouble you, but at least this time I didn't get lost or even go to the wrong address!" Raven laughed, clapping her hands together "Right?" 

"Um... yeah, I guess" Convel replied "And what did you want to tell our mom anyway?" Before Raven could reply, Amaya gestured for her to stop for a moment. 

"Sorry but the message is only for Alice Knight and I'm pretty sure that either of you isn't her or even a her" Amaya replied "Well, it's nice to meet you but we've got to get going, tell your mother that the Council has something to tell her"

"AWWW! We're already going?!" Raven replied, pouting like a little kid "We've been for only for a few minutes!" Amaya looked over her shoulder as she walked to the front room; her blue eyes stared back with a warning. 

"Okay! See ya!" Raven replied quickly, waving to the brothers then sprinting to where Amaya stood. Both Convel and Konrad exchanged looks, walking quickly to the front room to find the mysterious girls gone. 

"Why didn't you tell them the message?" Raven asked, wearing a curious look in her face as she skipped along the pavement, the wind dancing around her. 

"Because" Amaya replied, looking up the rolling grey storm clouds "Fate shouldn't be tampered with; we're not supposed to tell them, no matter how much it will hurt them, it is destined to happen" her voice becoming distant as she spoke. 

"Should have remembered" Raven thought, "She has experience in the 'Fate Department'" looking at Amaya with slight admiration and sympathy.

The two walked in silence, rays of sunlight escaped through the gloomy grey cloud; streaming warm light into the cold, autumn day, the winds slowly waltzed lifting up the fallen leaves as the robin sung a soft melody slowly opening the way to heaven. 

For the whole morning and part of the afternoon, the brothers have had to serve Sabelina as a silent request from their mother. Just as Convel opened the fridge, the bell in the front door chimed, and the slightly creaking door opened. Popping his head just above the fridge door, Convel's eyes widened as the sound of the claws walking on the floor board neared his direction.