24: Make Me, Mafia Man

This one is for blakkRose, co-winner of my contest!

Also, just wanted to thank you people again for being so awesome, and for voting, and for commenting, and for fanning. *wipes away happy tear* It really makes my day!

“Does anybody else find it a little bit odd, that the guy locked us in?” Paul asked, his voice pitched higher than usual.

I turned to Anton and dragged him by the arm to the far corner of the room before whispering harshly to him.

“What exactly is it that I should know?”

But somebody else spoke up from the other side of the room before he could answer.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t our little Thriller Girl, all grown up.”

Chapter 24:  Make Me, Mafia Man

“Hello?  Does anybody know why that guy locked us in here?” Paul asked again.

The same interior decorator that did our suite must have designed this room as well because they looked nearly identical, except this one was done in beiges and browns instead of dark colors. They even had a wet bar with all the same foods that now covered the floor and furniture in ours, but it looked like international celebrities are entitled to fancier serving dishes than we were. The Prahok ceramic saucer had a special, airtight seal even.

I was still searching the room for the person who had called me Thriller girl. Anton’s muscles tensed up when he’d spoken, so I figured it was somebody I wanted to avoid. I found him on the other side of the room, relaxing on a brown leather sofa between two guys who looked similar to him. The trio had brown hair and brown eyes, and the leader met my stare while answering Paul’s question.

“It’s for your own protection. Do you know how many more screaming girls would be in here if they didn’t lock them out?”

That’s when I noticed that some screamers had slipped past the deadbolt, probably with backstage passes. Well there was one girl, who was exercising her right to free speech in the form of an earsplitting squeal. She was just one in the gaggle of giggling girls which surrounded a certain teen pop sensation backed against a wall.

I couldn’t help rolling my eyes with Anton when I caught sight of a red head. The dame was crying so hard that her mascara pooled under her eyes, trailed down her face and dripped off her chin, giving her a top notch zombie look.

It was hard to tell over the screaming, but I thought I heard Bieber asking for help. I wasn’t sure.

I turned my attention back to the mysterious stranger that put Anton on edge, and happened to know of at least one of my infamous YouTube videos. He was younger than I expected, probably older than either of the two with him, but only by a year. The three of them must have been at least nineteen or twenty years old.

He was still staring at me, though, in an appraising way.

“Hey, you got a problem?” Abe asked the ogling stranger, and there was no mistaking the threat in his voice.

My friends loitered near the door, assessing the situation in the room. Abe, who had been eyeing the guards warily the whole way here, now turned his watchful eyes on the guy who called me Thriller Girl.

But the rest of the guys couldn’t be distracted from the gourmet food spread they’d just spotted at the wet bar, food that hadn’t yet been dumped on friends and family, or on the floor. I hoped they didn’t have revenge on their minds because Paul, Abe, and Landon started making their way over there. And since Erica, Sammy, and Millie were holding hands with the guys, or biceps as the case may be, they followed.