Chapter 1: the letter

Its been three years since the day when my best friend broke my heart. Since then i have risen to the top of the social ladder and am the most popular girl in the school. Everyone wants to be friends with me but i still want James back. He seems to ignore me everyday and it really hurts though i try not to show it.

I am at summer camp and while here i have made an important decission. I decided to write James a letter and tell him how i feel.

I sit down outside on the grass near my platform tent and start to write.

Dear James,

I know that you dont want to be my friend anymore but i still wanted to write you this letter just in case. I know that in middle school girls and boys cant be friends but we are going into high school now and lots of girls and boys are friends again. I have never been able to quite get over the pain from losing our friendship.

When we were little i cherised our friendship i thought it would always last. I thought that nothing would ever make you leave me. I thought you wouldnt care if other boys and girls were no longer friends. I knew that i wouldnt care.

I am writing you this letter to see if maybe you got it wrong. If you said that and didnt really mean it. Just in case you might want to be friends again.

I would love to be your friend again. At school i am surrounded by friends and by people who care but sometimes i feel alone. There is still a hole in my heart from where you broke it. I wrote this just in case you feel the same way.

Maybe you feel this way and maybe you dont but i know that i feel this way and i know that just in case you made a mistake and you miss our fiendship, just in case you feel lonley and sometimes long to have me there to talk to. Just in case you feel bad about walking out of my life three years ago, i am ready to take you back and be back where i belong. In a world with my best friend by my side.

So just in case you feel this way i will be back in two weeks on friday around three in the afternoon. That gives you some time to think and if you decide that you want to be friends with me again just knock on the door and i will welcome you back.

If you dont feel this way please disregard the letter, just throw it away an pretend this never happened and say good bye to the friendship i know we both cherished for the first years of our lives. Thank you for reading my letter james.

Your ex best friend,

Sadie

I sealed the envelope and brought it to the mailbox at dinner. as i dropped it in i knew that there was no turning back. All i could do was hope he would say yes.

**************************

wow i posted two chapters in one day i hope you all are enjoying the story. Thanks for reading. The next chapter will be in james pov so you can find out how he feels about the letter. How do you think he feels. Leave a comment telling me.