Chapter Twenty-Two

I slowly got out of my van already feeling exhausted with the day. Locking my car, I enter my house slowly, not caring when my feet dragged against the ground. I paused in the living room when I came face to face with my parents.

I didn't hide my surprise and got straight to the point,"Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?" I questioned, my eyes narrowing slightly.

"Oh, I hope you don't mind. I thought it would be okay if we stopped by to our home."My Mother said dryly, her voicing lacking any real emotion.

"Right, well, welcome home!" I said with a nervous smile. My parents only come home every once in a while or when there is a problem and I'm guessing they came home for a problem. "I'm just going to go upstairs," I said heading straight for the stairs. 

"Clover Ann Thompson, take a seat now." My Mother said pointing to the couch causing me to let out a sigh.

Well, so much for that. 

"You have been modeling for years. I mean since you were a baby for goodness sake! Which is why when I heard from not only Mary but from social media and places like TMZ that you're hanging out with some juvenal delinquent I could say I was quite disappointed. You were raised better than this."Her disgust with the situation was clear and hung through the air with tension.

Yeah, mom, I missed you and I love you too. Thanks for coming home for once. I appreciate your constant support with my career. Sure, I'd love to go out to dinner with you and Dad. I thought sarcastically as I tried to get rid of my scowl.

"Mother, don't be dramatic, he is not a delinquent! Plus, It's all taken care of so you have nothing to worry about. Have you looked at the magazines lately? "I asked already knowing the answer. 

Probably not.

"No, Clover, you know I don't have time to look at all of you photo shoots. I have a busy schedule. You should appreciate the fact that I go across the world opening up clothing shops all while selling my greatest creations to celebrities that makes us completely rich. Plus, with your father constantly traveling as one of the greatest lawyers it's all just impossible for us. You should know by not that we don't have time for your childish behavior and your typical photo shoots." My mother said with a sigh as she looked down at her expensive watch.

Ouch.

"You're right. I'm so sorry." I said with a tight smile.

"Yes, well, let me see how you fixed the situation." She said waving off my apology.

"In the recent magazine Mary and I worked out the whole jail thing," I said grabbing the magazine off the glass side table next to the couch.

"Oh, you see I really like this. What a truly brilliant idea. I must congratulate Mary for this. I mean that red lace lingerie and then the devil wings and horns. Absolutely genius." She said nodding in approvement. "See I knew it would work out the. This jail shoot just tops it off." I let out a sigh when suddenly her pager on her phone went off. 

"Yeah, that wasn't bad. Now, I must get going since I have a plane to London that leaves in an hour. Goodbye, Sweetie." My mother said handing me my magazine. I watched her back as her heels clicked against the floor, the sound getting quieter the farther she walked away. 

Thanks for coming, mom. Please do come again soon.

My lips pursed as I looked at my father, "Are you staying any longer?"I asked my father who only scoffed and rolled his eyes. I watched as he stood up, grabbing his briefcase and walked out of the room.