The Story of a Loving Pervert - The One

"I'm moving out!" Chris screamed with joy.

"What?" I yelled back. There was no way in hell I could rent the house by myself. 

"I just got with this chick last night, and me and her are moving in together, isn't it exciting?"

"Well not really, I mean I kind of have to find a new roomate or move out." 

The most unexpected thing to happen to date, and it was screwing me over royally.

"C'mon bud you'll find someone, and maybe it will even be a chick." He smiled with a wink attached to it.

"Girls aren't my main priority right now." I even shocked myself when I said it. While I was saying it I covered my face with my hand. Right when I looked through my fingers at Chris, he had a stare that I just couldn't ignore. "I didn't mean it!" 

"Oh, thank god. You scared me so much for a second there."

"But seriously, just like that?" I stroked my temples, as I started to get a head ache.

"I'm sorry bud, but I really feel me and this girl connect." 

"Well that's a change."

"You don't have to be such an asshole over it." 

"I'm sorry, I just don't know what I'm going to do."

"You'll figure out something." With that, he walked out of the house. He never said he was leaving yet, but I suspected that was one of the last times I was going to see him. Girls always stole your friends, they were like a plague that you just couldn't let die. It was hard to speak bad about something, that turned out to be your only care in the world.

"C'mon Axel now what?" I asked myself dozens of times to think maybe I could tell myself the answer, but it didn't work. 

I had the sudden craving for coffee and something warm. I walked out, this time locking the door because of the fact that I was the only one living there. I walked down the street to Moe's Bakery. They sold coffee and donuts, they also sold other sorts of breaded things. I grabbed some straight black coffee and sat down. It was fairly dead in there, it was usually a jumping place though. I heard the jingle of the bells above the door and like anyone else, I turned to look at the person coming in. I had my coffee up to my lips though and I went totally numb.

A girl, around my age, I hoped anyway. She had long black hair, with strands of blonde and brown. She had a very pale skin color, and a set of snake bites. She smiled as she talked to Moe, and I died inside. I wanted to run up and grab her, it was strange. She had a baggy shirt on like you just wake up in, it was amazing although. She also had tight black jeans on that made me want to just... She turned around and looked at me, and I wasn't numb anymore. I was fully awake, and then she started to walk up to me smiling, it was the end of me, I could feel it coming.

"Hi." Is all that she said and I lost some contiousness.

"H-Hi."

"Are you ok? Seem a little nervous." She dug her words into me. She could feel that I thought she was amazing, and she was going to use it against me. Her sick tricks, they were oh so smart.

"No I'm fine, just in a thinking mood." I felt inches away from snapping, my heart started to race. It was like when you and your friend are both running for the same girl in the hall, and you're almost there. No matter who wins her, your heart would race like it was going to explode.

"Oh. What chu thinking about?" I liked the way she talked, she used those cute words that not every body would use. I looked down at my coffee and looked back up at her, I felt common ground.

"My best friend is moving out of our place, and I won't be able to afford it alone." I smiled with every word, but when I finished, I got depressed again.

"Oh, that's something, I just had the same thing happen." 

"Seriously?" I felt a lot of common ground now.

"Yeah my sister Tiffany met a guy named Chris and they hit it off she said." Go figure, either that was great luck, or a horrible coincidence.

"Oh, did you by any chance happen to know his last name?"

"I think it was Zooco or Zoocov or something."

"Go figure, that's my best friend."

"Really?" She prolonged her word. "Well your best friend, and my sister, totally screwed us over."

This was my chance to take advantage of her.

"Well maybe not entirely." I said with a smirk. "If you need a place, and I need a place, doesn't that mean we need each other?" I felt like the coolest guy in the world, I rolled my tongue against my teeth and looked at her. She smiled and gave me a very strange look.

"Listen buddy. I'm not in for a fuck and chuck." Her words were so true, but so hurtful, that was the old me.

"Whoa, not what I meant." Even though I felt like I just played the friend card, there wasn't much i could do. 

"So you mean as friends?" Damnit!

"Yeah I guess so." I drank some of my coffee. As I lifted it high to finish it I bit my teeth down hard from my stupid words.

"Well in that case, I'm Anne Frank." I slammed my cup down and she jumped.

"Are you serious?"

"No, of course not you ruh-tard." I laughed with my mouth closed. Quoting a movie like that just made her beyond what I thought she already was. "My name's Diana Hart."

"I'm sorry, heart? As in a beating heart?" She smiled then laughed a little.

"No, heart as in, take away the E."

"Well that's pretty cool, say Hart, you wanna catch a movie?"

"Don't call me Hart. And what makes me think you're a player?"

"I'm so hurt by your words! Of course every man is considered a player, even if they're a lover!" I said the words with sarcasm, but with a tone of saddness. I put my head down and put my arms around it. "You don't have to."

"Player or not, you're smart, so I will." I looked up to see a big smile on her face. Looks like I'm getting somewhere.