Tennessee, Directions, and Death Of A Friend

I was afraid that the ride to Nashville would be awkward between Percy and I, but I actually didn't have to worry. I passed out the minute we got back on to the freeway. My dreams were what I should have been worried about.

He visited me again. Kronos. He seemed to reek more than ever-still yelling at me to free him, but I never will. "Are you sure about that?" He cooed, flashing me another image of my sister. She looked nervous and afraid, as if she was in some kind of trouble. Her green eyes flashes with determination as she shouldered a bag and walked through an open door, which was labeled: T&H AU, TX. What did that mean?

Glaring through the darkness, I struggled against the tight grip he had on me. "Never." I hissed, kicking and wiggling against his hot fleshy hand.

"Why fight it? I already have a friend of yours." His words seeped out-trying to trick my head. I ignored him, not believing a word the demon was saying and I chanted to myself: Wake up, Olivia, Wake up! He chuckled and squeezed me harder, causing my air flow to cut off.

I could feel all the blood rushing to my head, but I kept mumbling at myself to wake up: Wake up, wake up!

"Wake up!" I yelled, and jolted out of the seat I had been napping in, landing on the ground in between the passenger seat and mine, and hitting my head on the back of Annabeth's arm rest. This children, is why you should wear a seat belt.

"Are you okay back there?" Grover called and I rubbed my forehead vigorously. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I yawned and threw myself back into the seat, looking out the window to see the sun start to rise as we passed under a sign that read: Nashville 4 miles.

I looked around the Dodge to see Orion sleeping in the backseat behind a slumbering Percy and I. He was so cute, I can't believe he isn't a puppy anymore. But that's how fast time goes. I yawned and scratched the back of my head. "Does anyone one know what today is?"

"June 13. Friday." Annabeth yawned and stretched her arms over her head. "Hopefully Hermes isn't in the mood to torchure us."

"Hermes?" Percy frowned, slowly waking up from his sleep. "Why do you say that?"

"Hermes likes to play practical jokes on everyone-and Friday the 13th is the day where most bad things happen to mortals for a reason." Annabeth sighed, as if Percy was at fault for not knowing that fact. "We have seven more days until the summer solstice-and we are no closer to the bolt than we were when we took off!"

I nodded slowly. She was right, we needed to hurry up-I mean we did have only one pearl, but hopefully we are going to have two after today. "It'll be fine." I sighed and rubbed my arm, pressing my head against the cool window and glared at the few cars on the road at this hour of the morning. Penny ran through my mind. What did T&H AU, TX mean? If the AU, TX was a location, she had to be in Austin, Texas. But where? She was so close-but so far. I would have been able to look it up if someone hadn't thrown my Ipod out the window.

"Why did you ask?" Annabeth sent me a curious look and I just shrugged, not really wanting them to know-they would pester me about it.

"I have my reasons." I smirked and dropped the subject. "So how far is the Parthanon?" Grover pointed to a sign on the right side of the road that read: Parthenon 1 mile. "Oh...cool. So what is the plan anyway?"

"We have to scope the place out first, Dust for Brain." Annabeth chuckled as we parked outside the large building.

"Dust for brain?" I sniggered. "That's lame. I don't even get it."

Annabeth rolled her grey eyes angrily and unbuckled herself, hopping out of the passenger seat. "Moon dust-get it?"

I chuckled a little, and hopped out of the Dodge, taking in the very large replica of the Greek memorial to the gods. "Woah, it's huge." Not only was it huge, but it was populated with people flying kites and riding bikes and small families having picnics. "And impossible." I sighed and Grover nodded.