Chapter Nine

Chapter 9: The Flight to Italy

(Eleanor’s POV)

            About a week had past since I had become a vampire.  I had moved into Charlie’s mansion. My

parents were never really home so they didn’t notice. Charlie figured we would keep the  secret best if 

he could teach me how to manage my new vampire intuitions. Although I wasn’t doing very well.

 It was a typical school week. Stupid girls, laughing about stupid things. They usually would give me weird looks. Looking at my body, up and down, trying to make me feel self conscious. They didn’t though, this week, I was obviously different, I especially noticed the changes myself. My fangs would push out whenever I felt a even a tad angry. I tried to hide my fangs to the best of my ability, but I had a close call. 

            I was walking down the hallway to meet  my best friend Ruthie to leave for lunch. When I felt two arms snake around my waist. I looked down to see Ashton’s hands. I knew they were his hands because he has a scar on his index finger. 

“Take you hands off of me Ashton.”

I said in a angry tone.  I usually talked in a very quiet tone, and I let him take advantage of me. But now I was strong and empowered.

“What do you mean honey?”

Ashton asked in soothing voice.

I felt my fangs come in, as usual when I was threatened or angry.

“Don’t touch me, I don’t want anything to do with you.”

I said back.  He still didn’t remove his hands.

            My fangs were fully in, my eye sight heightened. I could smell every chemical in Ashton’s cologne. All of my senses were  high, almost to the point where I could swear I could read his mind. I was afraid my eyes would change color so I didn’t  turn around to look at him, I didn’t want to make eye contact.

“I swear Ashton, move your god damn hands right fucking now.”

I said.  He tightened his grip.

I leaned forward away from him with a tiny bit of force.  His grip on me loosened quiet a bit. I knocked my elbow into his rib cage. I heard a swift snapping. He fell backwards. I turned around, he was sitting on the floor gripping his torso in pain.