Chapter #5

Chapter 5: Going for a Stroll

***

I woke up to the bright beautiful sun blazing through the curtains as the sound of my alarm clock sprung me happily from my bed.

Just kidding, no one actually does that.

I woke up aggravated as I realized I had slept in until 12:13. I usually wasn't one to wake up during noon but I guess my water bed got the best of me and I fell into a deep slumber. I haven't had a good nights sleep for a while so I'm glad I got to sleep in today. My eye lids finally fluttered open after my small snooze and I bounced in shock at the sight of my room, but then quickly remembered why I was here. I seemed to be doing that a lot... Sighing, I forced myself out of my bed and I went downstairs, navigating myself into the kitchen to find a sticky note on the fridge.

'Hi dear, we're at work. We always leave at 5am and we're home 11:30 at night. Be safe please, text if you need anything. 555-264-1902'

"Wow, fantastic." I muttered sarcastically.

Just great, I'm going to have to spend the rest of my life alone. I didn't want to be selfish or feel as if no one was paying attention to me, but it was hard not to feel this way when just weeks ago I was surrounded with all the attention I recieved and gave back with my friends and family.

I chucked the note to the floor in annoyance and opened the fridge. I grabbed a peach and went back up to my room. Debating on what to do, I decided to open some left over boxes and start hanging up my posters from Of Mice & Men to Sleeping with  Sirens. I loved covering my whole walls with posters of bands and such. I ripped up some pages from old magazines and taped them to one of my walls.

On the smallest wall of my room, I pulled out my overly-filled photo album, plucking out a few pictures of my old life. With my old friends and now, not-alive parents. I had the urge to cry as I redecorated my bedroom walls. The pictures I was hanging made me upset because they brought back to many great memories that I know I could never repeat again.

I missed my old life and I've been in New York for a day, but in the back of my mind, I was telling myself that maybe, just mayber, something good may come out of this.

***

It's been hours and I can't believe I have to be alone like this everyday. I understood that hard hours my guardians had to work but I couldn't help but feel lonely, and overwhelmed with sudden feelings that hit me every second.

This sucks.

I smiled at the wall I had just created. I had taped hundreds of posters and pictures onto my one wall, creating a huge collage. Normally I would keep going until the whole perimeter of my walls are covered in posters and such, but I had ran out of magazines. I also had to throw out more than 50 because they got tangled and messed up in the packing boxes.

Maybe I should've folded my posters more properly...

I backed up until my back touched my bedroom door and I let my eyes roam over my entire room. I had painted my vanity and dresser black so that they could match my bed post. I hung up a small nail polish rack and put up a picture frame of me, Daniel and Melody on my night-table. I also pulled out a few candles from 'Bath and Body Works' and placed them around my room, lighting them so that it smelled of Cotton Candy and Pink Lemonade.

I walked over to my couch and I opened my purse to get my cellphone but my eyes caught onto something else. I found the card to my parents' funeral. It was 1 month from now, back at home, 1 week before Christmas. I didn't know why it was in such a long time, but I didn't bother to question it. Trying not to sob all over again, I throw the card onto my desk, ignoring its presence and pull out my laptop, trying to avoid reality.