New Guardian?

Kakashi POV

This kid...bugs me. I thought, debating whether I should turn back and hand him over to Izumo and Kotetsu. It's not really necessary that I should have to take him. Then again it is odd for a kid his age to be travelling alone. I shifted the kid on my shoulder a bit to get more comfortable.

"Hey! Careful, you pervy old man. That hurt." He said very loudly in my ear.

Well if that wasn't irksome I don't know what is. "I'm not an old man, I'm 26. Also you should be careful what you say to me I might just drop you."

"What? You're 26? Sorry, your hair made me think you were like 40 or something."

Okay now I officially dislike this brat, no need to use hate on a child.

"Hi Kakashi." A shopkeeper waved.

"Hey." I raised a hand to her, smiling as she handed out fruit to some of the poorer kids in the village.

 At least some people in the town know respect. They're probably wondering why I have a random kid thrown over my shoulder, this will probably change some people's opinions of me. I sighed. As soon as I get this kid to the Hokage I'll never deal with him again.

Akira's POV

Hmm...so this guy is a jounin. Whatever that is, and he's 26. Well I wonder what else I can find out about him.Wait a minute...

"Hold it." I said loudly near his ear.

"You didn't have to yell in my ear. Now what is it?"

"Well, you corrected me on your age but you said nothing about the pervy part and also who was that lady you waved to earlier?" I asked. Sure, it was none of my business but I was curious.

"Well...she was a friend of mine." He said back.

"Hmm..ok." I was about to drop the conversation but once again, he hadn't answered me. "Wait a second you completely avoided the first question. Are you a perv or not?"

"I don't have to answer that." He said while taking out a book to read with his free hand.

"Uh huh." A few moments of silence passed between us before I decided to talk some more. "Hey."

"What is it?" he asked. His eyes never leaving the page.

"You're going to hit something." I replied, mimicking his tone.

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not." He started up the stairs to the Hokage's office.

"Ahh! You're going to drop me and I'm going to fall and I'm going to drag you with me." I said while gripping onto his shoulder.

Kakashi POV

What is with this kid one second he's insulting me the next he's clinging onto me like his life depends on it. Why?

"Hey, Kid."

"The names Akira." he states defensively. Well, he's not a ninja, there were too many emotions within that small sentence.

"Ok...Akira then..." I said slowly. I felt as though I was speaking to a small animal, not a human child but soothing techniques always seemed to work no matter what the species.

Akira's POV

"Ok..Akira then..."

I was a bit taken aback when he didn't rudely call me kid again, he was being nice. In the short time I'd known him, my mind was not handling this bipolar conversation very well. I was torn from my thoughts when Kakashi asked me a question.