Till Dawn Comes

Chapter one

"I just don't get it," I say as I take a bite into my apple and sit down at the table in our school cafeteria. You'd think that since I live in California the school would be amazing but it's not. It's plain, hot, and ugly. The outside of the school is an ugly grey colour, and the inside? Oh god, don't even get me started. It looks like the inside of a rotten banana, and there's no air conditioning. The cafeteria is well; I think its better left UN explained. Once you get the image of it in you're head it NEVER goes away. "Why in the world is this school so ugly?"

Kari, one of my best friends looks at me, her eye make up making her blue eyes pop. "I don't know, I mean, were in California for god's sake." She shakes her head than searches through her purse for her little compact mirror.

She purses her lips as she puts on a new coat of lip gloss. "Hey, Lindy, what do you say that we go to Pauline's party tonight?"

Lindy fake gags, her dark brown hair covering her face. "Oh please, I would be caught dead at that party."

I laugh and go to put my light brown hair into a pony tail. "Than I guess you're going to be dead because were going to that party."

Kari smiles but Lindy glares at me. I ignore Lindy's glare. "Kari, can I use you're mirror?"

She wordlessly hands it to me and continues facing Lindy. "C'mon Lindy, it'll be fun!"

Lindy considers as I look at myself in the mirror and admire my eyes. I love my eyes, the eye makeup I have on right now totally makes them look really good, they are a light brown colour. I part my lips and put on more lip gloss that gives my pink lips a glossy glint. I hand Kari her mirror back.

"Yeah, it will be lots of fun." I say as I get up from the table.

"I guess I'll come but you have to promise that if it's not fun, I can kill you myself." She says it with a grin and a joking glint in her eyes but yet, her words give me a chill. Well can't you see why? We live in a world with werewolves and vampires but of course I don't believe in that silly stuff but some people do, and it gives me the creeps especially when they go on and on that were not safe. I shake my head, no time to think of that now.

"I have got to go, I'll see you guys tonight?" I say as I walk away, and look over my shoulder.

"See you tonight." They say together. I smile as they start to talk about the party.

"Ouch!" I say as I run into someone, I glare at them. "What's wrong with you?!" Oh, oops, it was Jake.

"I see you still have you're attitude." He says while smiling down at me.

I glare at him even though my heart melts at the sight of him. "Why wouldn't I?"

He laughs and Kari and Lindy look over. "Because you've never been the same since you're little sister moved away to live with you're auntie."

My glare turns to a look of hurt. "Why would you say that?"

He stops laughing and thinks. A look of horror crosses his face, like he just realized what he said. "Look, Jody, I-"

I shake my head and push him out of my way. "Get lost Jake."

"Jody!" I hear him following behind me and look over my shoulder. I am grateful when I see that Kari and Lindy has stopped Jake from following me. As much as I love him he can be a total dick.

I wipe tears out of my eyes as I walk out of the cafeteria. Why the hell would Jake say that? Because he's a jerk. Than why do I like him? Well for one, he's hot, and two, he is really sweet he just has a big mouth and doesn't know when to stop talking, or what not to say.