42-press

The bus was alive with sound everyone was up and moving apart from me I was still being lazy hanging around in my bunk trying to keep a low profile. “Matti you need to be up and dressed we have press soon. Touring tradition to give an interview after your first show and introduce the band that’s touring with you” Hayley said whipping the red curtain of my bunk open “alright I’m up, I’m up what do I have to wear for this press thing?” I asked swinging my legs out of my bunk “something that screams Matti” she said walking out leaving me as I rummaged through the contents of my suitcase pulling out lace tights, distressed denim shorts, Beatles band tee, black hoodie with the sleeves pushed up and burgundy doc martens to go along with the load of bracelets running up both my arms. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and left the bunks following the noise to the living area of the bunk where everyone was eating breakfast. I walked to the cupboard opened it up and grabbed the cheerios’ pouring them into a bowl and adding a splash of milk swiping a cartoon of apple juice from the fridge to go along with them satisfied with my breakfast I went to the table and sat down.

 After a while it was time for press. I left the tour bus smoothing down my clothes and brushing off any crumbs that could have been dropped. The walk to the building where we were being interviewed was overwhelming people were screaming, flashes of cameras were going off, how did people cope with this? We entered the building all of us rubbing our eyes trying to adjust to the stars that floated around our vision as a consequence of those cameras, finally being able to see we strode up to the front desk to talk to the receptionist “hello” she chirped beaming “someone’s had too much coffee” I whispered loud enough so only Jack who was next to me heard he started laughing everyone staring at him like he was insane as he leaned up against me, he finally composed himself as the receptionist cheerily told us what room our interview as being held in “thanks miss!” I called out as we walked away.

We entered the room and was greeted by a raven haired girl “Helena?” I breathed she looked so much like my late friend it was scary “hi I’m Hilary and I will be your interviewer” she introduced herself as we sat on the sofa. The fact that she looked like my dead best friend and this being my first ever interview made a for a dodgy combination as I tried to keep my cool around everyone, the members of my band looked at me with eyes filled with concern as they saw me fidget and play with the bracelets around my wrists-a nervous habit I had developed after the self-harm incident that occurred other than them no one else really noticed my strange behaviour. A camera started rolling and the interview started “so we have Paramore with us along with their support act Holey Cheese. From what we’ve heard Holey Cheese is a British act” Hilary said as we nodded “why did you guys move out to the US then?” she asked us, Jack spoke up for all of us “well Matti moved out there” she interrupted Jack “which one of you are Matti?” she asked as I stuck my hand up in the air “hi I’m Matti” she nodded her head “strange name for a girl” “oh it’s short for Matilda” I told her “oh ok so why did you guys move to the US?” Jack continued with his story “well like I said Matti moved out there first as there were more opportunities out in the States for her in song writing and being a recording artist which is what she wanted most along with some personal reasons. The rest of us moved out there a few months after her for the same personal reasons.” Hilary nodded obviously intrigued by the personal reason along with the Paramore gang “alrighty well Paramore what’s it like having a group of teenagers on the bus with you because I’ve heard all of Holey Cheese are aged between 16 and 17” Hayley decided to answer this question. “it’s a blast for a band so young they are very well behaved mixing between silliness and professionalism it’s a perfect balance that not many bands can achieve” we all blushed at Hayley’s words “oh stop” I told her putting my hand out “you’re too kind” Hayley laughed at me “see what I mean” Hilary our interviewer laughed “now important question since I’m surrounded by beautiful people who I’m sure many people are desperate to date who is single and who is taken starting with Paramore and ending with Holey Cheese go!” Hayley started “taken by Chad” she smiled bashfully as I cooed at her “single” Taylor said winking at the camera “happily married to Kitty” Jeremy said fiddling with his ring, it got to us and Ed started us off “single for now” he grinned winking at the camera like Taylor “single” his twin Max echoed it was then me “I’m taken by Ross” everyone cooed at me as I blushed and smiled into my lap “single” Harry said “single and ready to mingle” Jack exclaimed pointing and smirking making Hilary laugh “awesome now how was the first night of the tour guys?” “TOTALLY AWESOME!” we all yelled together “and we have another show tonight we can’t wait” Hayley told her “well that sounds awesome. You heard it folks this is Hilary alerting the UK to Paramore and Holey Cheese’s presence.” The camera switched off “awesome thanks for the interview guys” she said to us “it’s fine” Hayley told her getting up “can we have an acoustic set from you and Holey Cheese for our website?” she asked as we were getting up to leave “errm Paramore are up to it I don’t know about Holey Cheese though” Hayley told her looking at me I just nodded trying not to make eyesight I had been doing that throughout the whole interview.