Chapter 2: More to the Prophecy-Severus

I couldn't believe my stupidity! Yet again I allowed myself to fall into her arms again. She's twelve going on to thirteen in September. I quietly came in and closed the door. I turned and there stood my mother, looking stern. "Where have you been, Severus?" she asked me. I ran my hands through my hair.

"No where, Mother," I answered as I walked into the kitchen for a glass of fire whiskey. I poured the glass and guzzled it down.

"Severus, did you go see Hermione?" she asked me. I slammed the glass on the counter and turned to face her.

"Yes, Mother, I did. Why does it matter?" I asked. She huffed.

"Severus, how can you be so stupid?!" she yelled. "This girl is twelve years old and she's your student." I hated her giving me a lecture like this. She sighed. "Severus, I know you love her, but you have to understand the prophecy does not end well for the both of you." I looked at her strangely.

"What do you mean?" I asked. She realized her mistake and tried to escape by heading to her room. I followed her. "Mum, what happens between Hermione and I?!" She stopped in the middle of the staircase, turned, and looked down at me. She gave a heavy sigh.

"Severus, it seems that I missaw the prophecy. If you two get together at all...she will fall for you, but at the same time...she will turn dark. There is no other way for her to escape her destiny. Both of your lives will not only be at risk, but the lives of the ones you love as well. She's already lost her mother, and all that's left is her father, her friends, and you," she explained. I felt myself grow faint. I leaned against the wall for support.

"But..." I trailed off. "I have to tell her." She looked at me oddly and then it clicked in her mind who I was speaking of.

"Severus, you can't. You don't know what could happen if you do that," she said.

"Mum, she deserves to know the truth," I protested.

"Severus, please, don't say anything until we know for sure that it is safe to do so. Why don't you sleep on it?" she suggested. I was hesitant, but I went up to bed anyways. As I fell asleep, I couldn't help but feel guilty that I knew something about Hermione that she did not even realize herself.