Chapter 1

It had been many years since anyone had ever seen or heard from the Lady in White. When in fact she was making her way through the shire, enjoying the sweet peace. Hobbits nodded in her direction as she past slowly through as they went back to their daily routine. She lifted her hood off from around her head, throwing her head back enjoying the sun on her face as she smiled and kept walking through.

She was perfectly happy when she visited the shire. The peace and quiet as she would happily sit on the grass, her white silk dress and cloak draping over the grass. She leant against the soft grass eyes closed breathing in a summers day, before she could hear the calling of children running in her direction. She smiled sitting up as they sat down beside her.

She waved her hands as white cloud appeared; she gently made patterns as bunnies would shape out of the cloud jumping along the grass. The young hobbits would only laugh trying to chase them, as she giggled after them. She watched them run after the clouds as they hopped in the air, leaving a sweet smell of vanilla.

Bilbo was enjoying the warm day sitting outside on the bench outside his home. His pipe in his hand blowing perfect circles into the air. He took a deep breath in enjoying the scent of vanilla, as a small smile crossed his lips. As he blew the next ring of smoke, it turned into a moth flying hitting Bilbo in the face as he snapped his eyes opened startled, only to notice a tall figure dressed in grey blocking his sunlight.

Bilbo sat unsure of what to do as the hooded figure with the grey pointy hat just stood in front of him leaning on his walking stick. He shuffled in his seat for a moment, slightly waving his pipe before he shifted in his seat to turn his shoulder against the stranger.

“Good morning.” He finally spoke still unsure of what to say or do, as he just uneasily looked up at the stranger as the hooded figure raised an eyebrow down on the hobbit.

“What do you mean? Do you mean to wish me a good morning, or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or, perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning. Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on?” He questioned as Bilbo opened his mouth at first before he closed it. Unsure of what he meant before he replied and continued to smoke on his pipe.

“All of them at once, I suppose.” He responded plainly as Gandalf looks slightly disapprovingly at Bilbo; Bilbo is confused and bewildered.

“Can I help you?” Bilbo questioned as he really just wanted the stranger to leave him in peace so he could go back to enjoying the sun and the soft singing in the distance, which Gandalf hadn't even noticed was over the air coming from the Lady in White just down the road.

“That remains to be seen. I’m looking for someone to share in an adventure.” Gandalf implied as Bilbo stiffened unsure in his seat.

“An adventure? Now, I don’t imagine anyone west of Bree would have much interest in adventures. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things. Make you late for dinner, hm, mm” Bilbo sneered at the thought as Bilbo gets up and checks his mailbox, grabbing some mail and sorting through it, clucking to himself. He looks quite uncomfortable because Gandalf is still standing there. Puffing his pipe in vexation, he begins heading back inside.

“Good morning.” He responded quickly.

“To think that I should have lived to be good-morninged by Belladonna Took’s son, as if I were selling buttons at the door.” Gandalf spoke unhappily to himself as Bilbo stopped and turned around confused.

“Beg your pardon?”

“You’ve changed, and not entirely for the better, Bilbo Baggins.” Gandalf stated looking at the Hobbit as Bilbo felt very uncomfortable.