(2) Present Times

*The present time*

"Emily, you're spacing out again!" Jessica scolded me in the middle of her rant as we walked in the school hallway heading to our first class of Monday morning.

"No I'm not, I'm listening to every word you say," I reply back flipping my hair.

"No you weren't! What was I talking about then?" She asks challengingly.

"Jess don't ask me twice, I told you I was listening. You were talking about that rude salesman right?" I tell her thanking God for my multi- tasking skill: day- dreaming and listening to her at the same time.

"Yeah whatever." she replies then continues bitching about how she got him a good scolding from the manager. I smirk knowing her all too well. And that guy probably seemed rude to her while I'm sure he was doing something as politely correcting her. And she didn't like people correcting her.

Suddenly my vision got blocked as a pair of strong hands covered my eyes.

"Guess who?" a husky voice said in my ears and I smiled.

"Nate," I sang his name and he removed his hands from over my eyes.

"Hey babe," He greeted and kissed me. I had learnt not to trust any of these people but Nate was just turning out to be amazing; in personality and looks. He had dark brown hair that came straight to above his forehead in a Chace Crawford style, chocolate brown eyes and a bloody strong and sharp jaw-line.

We pulled away when Jessica fake coughed.

"Hey there," she says flirtily. I still haven't figured out if it's just my boyfriend she does this with or all other guys. I decide to ignore it for now anyways, we've just started dating recently and I don't want to turn into an all jealous girlfriend already.

Nate just nods at her in response then takes my hands in his and leads me ahead fast.

"Em's mine now, find your own escort Jessie!" he shouts over his shoulders as he pulls me forward while I'm laughing hard. Nate does this a lot so we're kinda used to it, yet I tease him.

"Don't do that to her, poor girl!" I say mockingly.

"I don't like her," he replies making a face.

"Well you have to, she's my best friend." I scold him.

"Yeah whatever. Oh look there's the others," he says pointing to our other friends.

I link my arm through his and walk towards them.

"Hey guys." we say together and Nate starts talking to his male friends while the girls come to me.

"O.M.G! You guys will not believe what happened yesterday!" Alexi, one of our cheerleading friends, said excitedly. Whether I believed it or not, I wasn't really interested in what she had to say, but I showed fake enthusiasm anyways. I was kind of the leader of the group now, that was the least I could do.

Ever since I had started dating Nate, my position on the popular ladder had risen up as he was the star basketball player, and I had even passed Jessica, making me the current 'queenbee'.

As we walked to class with the others exchanging stories of their weekend, my mind wandered to what happened to me at the weekend, something I definitely wouldn't share with them.

Ever since my diary went missing or got stolen, I wasn't entirely sure as yet, I had gotten worried sick because if whatever I had in my diary got exposed, my life would be ruined. I had spent the rest of the weekend just wondering who could have taken it, who would have hated me enough to have done that.