My Heart Chapter 14

Stupid celling. Why you may ask, is my ceiling stupid? It's plain and white and boring. And I'm bored. So very, very bored. We had just gotten back from out little park trip, and I was right back where I started. In my, room, staring at the white, plain, stupid, ceiling. I sighed heavily and broke the staring contest with the white demon.  I had school tomorrow, but today I had to suffer horrid boredom. I sighed. Well I was excited for tomorrow, Shay's big 18 was  tomorrow! I had managed to buy her a present when we all went to the mall, when Shay and Rex met. How convenient. Mental eye roll. I wonder what her mom got her.... Shay's mom is totally awesome at buying presents. I released another heavy sigh. I guess for today I will suffer this boredom. I threw a pillow over my head and screamed. That was entertaining. For a few seconds..

*The Next Day*

I was excited again. Not as excited as when we were going to the amusement park, but still excited. Shay will be an adult! But that means that she'll be older than me. Aw. Oh well I was still excited to give her the present I bought. But I had to endure school before I could give it to her. I slumped in my chair. I was sitting in History, listening to my teacher drone on about World War 2.  The class finally passed. I rushed to my next class, where I could see Shay and Jeremey. I walked in and took my usual spot, next to Jeremey and Shay. I huffed and placed my bag down beside me.

"Rough class"  Jeremey asked wrapping his arm around me. I leaned into his chest and nodded. I tried to ignore the death glares from the annoying bitchy girls, the awws from the girls who don't know how to give anyone privacy, and the woots from the stupid jocks. I closed my eyes. Mrs. Briggs walked into the classroom, took a look at me and Jeremey and smiled. I always knew I liked her. Most other teachers would have yelled at us for P.D.A. She just smiled and walked away. I just wanted to go home. Its funny, yesterday I just wanted to come here, now I can't wait to leave. But I want to leave to celebrate Shay's birthday. I was minding my own business waiting silently, on Jeremey's chest, for class to begin, when some girl I think her name was Sara, walked up to me.

"Hi! Ella right?" I nodded and gave her an odd look. She just laughed. "Are you bust tonight?" I panicked. I really hope she isn't asking me out. I have no clue how to tell her I don't play for that team!

"Ummm...." Was the only response I could muster. "Why?"

"I'm having a huge party! I was wondering if you and your band would sing?" My eyes widened. What band? Rex and his skater buddies.

"Ummm..." I said again.  I was about to tell Sara I couldn't when Shay butt in.

"Of course She'll be there!" Shay smiled and gave me a sharp look from the corner of her eye. I gave Sara a hesitant smile.

"Yeah, I'll be there. Apparently." I mumbled the last part under my breath.

"Oh Goodie!" She grinned at me."Be there at 7? Ok? don't be late!" Sara demanded and walked away.I whipped my head in Shay's direction.

"WHAT did YOU do!!!???" I all but shrieked.

"Well, I want to go and IT IS my birthday so, we can do presents tomorrow!"  I sighed. The only girl in the world who DIDN'T want to open her presents on her birthday. hat's wrong with her?

"There is no band though!"

"Oh no? We'll see about that. We'll start getting ready right after school okay Ella? OH! and  Jeremey?" Shay turned her head towards Jeremey, who looked scared of Shay's maniac mode. Who wouldn't be?

"I'm scared to answer." Shay smirked, yeah you heard me right SHE SMIRKED! Oh boy. I am banning her from spending any more time with me.

"Don't be silly, Can you pick us up at 6:30? Sharp?"