Chapter 5: The Angel of Death

HI! It;s taken me a little bit longer to write this chapter, I'm trying not to reach the climax too quickly. Don't worry, there's more of them - this first part is more fantasy/ thriller and the next a little bit more romancey...... I know it's short, but enjoy! P.S Please vote, fan and comment what you think they're going to do!

The Angel of Death cut an impressive figure as she strode up the stone staircase to meet the handpicked group of Death Eaters she'd assembled, her robes fanning out behind. There were only two here today as she had arranged that not everyone involved ever came together in the same place at the same time so as not to attract unwanted attention. Of course, there weren't so many to choose from anyway, with the amount of idiots either dead or in Azkaban.

                                                          Rodolphus and Rabastan Lestrange looked up as she swept into the room. She perched on the edge of the low table they were sitting around and starting examining her fingernails just to put the two Death Eaters further on edge.

                                                                                When she spoke her voice was feminine, delicate, but with subtle deadly undertones.

                                                          'I am aware that my daughter hasn't been exactly- subtle- but there's no denying that she got the job done. She has Weasley under her control and sent me a Patronus about an hour ago to say that the Potter boy and the Hogwarts Headmistress are unconcious on the floor. The only one left is the Mudblood, but that shouldn't be a problem as there are many of us and only one of her. Any problems down your end?

                                                                                                                                    The two Death Eaters shook their heads. She nodded condescendingly and stood up, catlike. She spun round. 'Oh, and by the way? If I hear that anyone is letting their personal agendas come before the plan, there will be trouble. Understood? The Lestranges muttered, 'Yes', and she walked out, leaving them to discuss their own plans.

*****************************************************************************************

                   'Lily, it's him! Take Harry and run!.....Avada Kedavra!...NO! Not Harry, not Harry...Please not Harry!... Neither can live while the other survives... A boy will be born as July dies... Born to parents who have thrice defied him.........And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal... And he alone shall have the power to vanquish the Dark Lord...But that night, as Lily and James Potter died, their son survived... And the curse rebounded upon its caster... and as Voldemort was reduced to the merest shadow, there was a piece of  his soul that escaped, and it latched itself onto the only person in the building left alive... Harry himself.................You have fought...... Valiantly... Lord voldemort knows how to value bravery......

                                                                                                  Harry tossed and turned but soon went under again...

                                     You have one hour...Dispose of your dead with dignity... Treat your injured...You have one hour....one hour... One hour.... Come to me, Harry Potter.... Or watch your friends die... Die... Die...

                         Beside him, Professor McGonagall's age seemed to be working against her - she was hardly moving at all now......

                                                              'You have lost, old man... I shall return, and no one will stand against me... Sirius in the Department of Mysteries... Avada Kedavra!... Yes, Tom Riddle, I dare... Expelliarmus!... And Voldemort was falling, falling... And Ron and Hermione were hugging him and then everybody was shouting, cheering and trying to touch a part of the boy who was the reason it was all -'

                Something in Harry's brain clicked. Ron and Hermione!  Ginny! He struggled, but it felt like there was a lead weight on top of him, and his strength was lessening with every passing moment. He was reminded of Dementors and the fog they made, and then he knew that he couldn't get out without help. But he could hold on - even if he couldn't escape on his own, not when this seemed to be happening inside his head. If it was a tangible threat and he could see what was causing it then he would've felt more in control. As it was, he would use every bit of strength he had to endure and not shut down completely... And now a different kind of memory came to him, not a drowsy one - it was crystal clear. It was the Battle of Hogwarts and there were Dementors streaming towards him, and there was nothing he could do, he was powerless, almost ready to give up hope, but then Luna and the others were there, standing behind him casting their Patronuses, and it was like being back in the Room of Requirement with nothing to worry about, at least until they left the room. This memory empowered him, and so he refused to drift into the darkness, but still his strength was fading, fading...

***************************************************************************************

Hermione jolted as she felt a sort of a power surge coming from where Harry lay on the ground. Being Hermione, it didn't take her long to figure out what was going on. She nodded happily. ' Good man, Harry', she thought. 'This should make my job so much easier....!' Hermione felt like she had an ace up her sleeve - Evelyn Murray was good at magic, but could she beat the brunette's favourite combination - smarts, spells, and the ability to work as a team? 

                                      She dug through her pockets until her hands reached the fake Galleon. The DA was still going strong. She'd learned from Marietta's mistake though, and made any new recruits swear to be loyal to Dumbledore's Army even though Professor McGonagall was fully aware that it existed, because you never knew  what might happen. Constant vigilance. She'd also tweaked the Galleons so that she could call different people for different things, if they needed to split up and have lookouts, for example. So she called up Ginny, Luna and Neville first - it was great having Luna and Ginny in the same year now, even if Ron wasn't too happy about it - but told them to have backups ready. It was the weekend so they should be here soon. She just hoped that they'd have the sense to be quiet coming in. To another person it might not have seemed necessary to have so much backup against one ( and a half, if you counted Ron), person, but this was Hermione and she was going to cover all the angles no matter what. The DA could capture Evelyn, but she needed to think of a way to get Harry, Ron and McGonagall back...

                                   After calling the DA, Hermione slipped out the open door, still sending the power down her arm to double - Imperius Ron. She had been having trouble thinking of something to do to help the other two when the answer came - from Luna Lovegood...