Answers

Samaar's POV

"WHAT? You guys talked it out already?" I asked in shock. Yusra nodded and Conner looked like he was about to jump someone with happiness. Because of my unfinished physics test I had to stay behind for a while. Yusra finishes as early as usual. But at this point I got scared. Did she accept his confession? Do I have to remind her dating is haram? Do I have to give her the marriage talk? Do I have to put an end to this before she ends up pregnant on the streets?? Oh no! "And.. What did you say to this... idiot?" Yusra gave me a nervous look on her face and sighed. On the other hand Conner couldn't stand still anymore. He was smiling, grinning, looking around and... creeping me out.

"Well... here's what I told him..." She paused, looked at him, then looked at me, and then looked down.

"Stop fidgeting and tell me you weirdo!" I screamed in a whisper.

"I told him I liked him..too and..." She was about to go on, but I put my hands to her face, silencing her, and turned to Conner. "Samaar, it's not like that. You know me too well for that to happen." She said, giving me a dull look. Oh! Okay... safe! "I told him I liked him but then I told him I loved Allah more than anyone! So obviously I don't like him as much as to start a forbidden relationship!"

I crinckled my forhead, and made a face. "At one point I'm actually happy. But at another... I'm sad. Now I don't have the chance to scream my head off or pull out Conner's hair... that's left over..." But on the inside... I was beyond happy.

After that day I went home a little late, finding that no one was home... or so I thought. I heard voices in the living room and found Josh and Sheath talking about stuff. Josh saw me standing in the doorway and dropped the apple he was eating. "Why's your girlfriend here??" Josh asked surprised. Girlfriend?? It sounded more like I was a pet... I'm not his!  At this moment I remember meeting Josh for the first time and how Sheath told him not to touch other people girlfriends. It's a given that Sheath could tell how much uncomfortable I was with guys. At some points having Conner around was tough. Oh and speaking of that little devil, I guess I should be planning strategies from keeping him away from Yusra more often. That's the homework I received from Yusra. It was harder than my chemistry... indeed! 

"That was a lie," Sheath said without hesitation.

"Dude! I happen to be your best friend and this is what you reward me with? Hope and lies?" Josh said, offended... tremendously. 

I turned to leave, knowing it was pointless sticking around any longer. "Why would I date a girl who can't even look into my eyes and speak normally?" My eyes twitched, but I didn't turned back. "She's not even that smart. I told you I liked smart girls and everything. How could you think I can stoop so low?" Sheath said, drinking a coffee.  I turned back and glared at him.

"Well sorry to burst your bubble, but I can't possibly fall in love with a rock. Have you ever seen his black heart? I bet the doctors would be shocked." I said straight up to Josh. Sheath got up and walked to me and stood there, looking down at me. I turned my gaze down.

"I guess I should live up to my name then..." He said, walking away from me. Josh followed him and I stomped my feet up to my room and shut the door behind me. For a full minute, my head was jumbling up with many ways to kill off Sheath but then I smiled, took out my wallet and kissed the picture. 

"Insult me all you want, you rock headed loser. I'll show you what true awesomeness is. Just you wait."

Another family gathering with another family that night. I met Sheath's cousin who was the same age as me and soon found out... her crush on Subhee. It was too sudden. When I looked over at Aakifah, I saw her stoned face and I knew there was something up with her.  Her name was Afizah. She was cute, fun and neat. Even though we were the exact same age, she was much more smaller and petite.