Chapter 5- We Apparently Both Suck At Geography

“Aria,” Caleb says, bursting into my room all of a sudden. “There’s a limo outside for you,” He informs me.

“Geez, Caleb, knock much?” I ask, irritated at my brother.

I really shouldn’t be though, irritated at him, I mean. Caleb doesn’t know of the thing called personal space. That or he just doesn’t respect it. He usually does that though- just walks into a room or whatever without knocking or anything. Not just to me either, I mean like, everyone.

“Nope, not really, but you already know that,” Caleb chuckles, biting down into an apple. “Why’s there a limo?”

“I’m going to the zoo,” I explain, getting out of my bed and pulling my tall black Uggs over my lime green ankle socks.

“Why’re you going to the zoo? And more importantly, why’re you going there in a limo?”

“Well, I’m going to the zoo because I wanna see the animals and I’m going with my friend,” I explain.

“Your friend who has a limo?” He skeptically interrogates, chomping noisily on his green Granny Smith apple.

“Yes! My friend who has a limo,” I confirm, grabbing my cell phone and slinging my purse over my shoulder.

“I smell something…fishy,” Caleb accuses me as I flip my bedroom light off, walking past him into the corridor.

“Hmm, maybe it’s time for you to clean Tapioca’s tank again,” I suggest, descending the stairs.  Tapioca is Caleb’s pet fish.

“You’re so funny,” Caleb sarcastically remarks, following me down the stairs. “Seriously, what’s up?”

“Jesus Christ, you really are annoying and nosy, aren’t you?” I reply, pulling the front door open, seeing Mason’s black limo idling.

“Yes, I really am. Plus it’s my job to know this stuff- I’m your big brother,” He reminds me, raising his eyebrows.

“Okay,” I sigh. “It’s Mason Carter, but Caleb, I swear to God if you tell anyone I will literally drown you in Tapioca’s dirty, stinky tank full of pee.” I warn, narrowing my eyes at him.

“Wait, what? Are you serious? You’re going to the zoo with Mason Carter?” Caleb asks incredulously.

“What, are you a Masonater as well?” I wonder, looking at my brother weirdly.

“No, but I hear Clark and Holland talk about him a lot. He’s out there in that limo?”

“Yes and I need to go. Caleb, don’t tell anyone. Not even the fish,” I demand before walking out of the front door.

“The fish’s name is Tapioca!” He calls after me.

“Yeah, yeah, I know.” I reply, walking down the driveway to the street, were the limo is waiting for me.

“Good afternoon, Miss Austin,” Chule says, getting out of the driver’s seat and opening the back door for me. 

“Hi, how do you know my name?” I say shyly as he extends his arm, gesturing towards the interior of the limo.

“Mr. Carter, of course.” Chule replies as I f I’m stupid for asking.

“Oh right,” I retort, awkwardly walking past him and getting into the limo. “Thank you,” I tell Chule as he closes the door.

“It’s his job, Aria, you don’t have to thank him,” Mason laughs from his spot beside me.

“I’m a polite girl,” I shrug. “Anyways, this is an absolutely awful way to lay low.” I inform him.