Trust Issues (Chapter 36 Part I)

• Armoni isn't aware Jerome "cheated" on her. Jerome could've possibly not even cheated on her. Who knows? 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Armoni did take Plan B. I just didn't write about it when she took it, which is why I mentioned it beforehand.

Armoni POV:

"Y'all slow down and be careful!" I yelled to Zyonn and Aaliyah as they ran off. We were all at Chuck -E- Cheese celebrating Aaliyah's tenth birthday. She had a whole weekend of celebrating her birthday.

Friday I took cupcakes to her school during her lunch period, then after school I took her and a few of her friends from school to the nail salon where they got pampered. After that they went to the movies, I rented a hotel room for them and later that night we had a slumber party. Today was the day of her actual party and tomorrow we were having a family dinner at her favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. I went a little overboard with the party planning but she was turning ten and I wanted her to really enjoy herself, especially since her father wasn't here.

The only way I knew the man was alive is because he'd deposit money in my account every other week. He blocked me from all of his social media accounts and his phone so I had no way of getting in contact with him.

I could've shown my crazy side and did the most to get in contact with him but I didn't see the point. It was obvious he didn't want to communicate with me and I wasn't going to force him to.

Honestly, Aaliyah is taking Jerome's absence extremely hard, especially since she didn't know why he left. For ten years Jerome has been the only Dad she's known and he's been excellent to her. To go from having the best dad in the world to him suddenly disappearing and cutting off all contact was hard for her.

I was just trying to do my best to keep a smile on her face and her spirits happy, especially on her special day.

The kids had already eaten pizza and were going back to play before we cut the cake and opened presents. There were a total of thirty two kids here. Some of Aaliyah's friends from school and all of her cousins were here to help her celebrate. I was glad that I had our family here to help me keep an eye on all of these damn kids.

Everybody seemed to be having a good time. We had enough pizza and wings to feed an army, all the adults were laughing and talking, the kids were playing and enjoying themselves and most importantly Aaliyah had a smile on her face.

"Auntie, can I have some more tokens?" Tasha and Man's daughter Tamiyah asked me. I poured more tokens into her cup and she thanked me before running off to the play area. I turned my attention back to the food on my plate. I was only able to get in a few bites before I heard my name being called again.

"Hey, you made it." I grinned as I stood up from my seat to hug Trayveon. He was running late because he was just getting off work and he still had to pick his niece up. I didn't care about him being late, I was just glad that they came. We always stayed in contact but the last few months we've grown a lot closer as friends.

"Hi pretty girl." He smirked, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me in for a hug before placing a kiss to my forehead. He was holding his sleeping niece in his arms as well as a big gift bag. "You look nice." He complimented me, making me roll my eyes playfully. I knew he was being funny because I was clearly wearing his shirt.

 I knew he was being funny because I was clearly wearing his shirt