Numb

Marceline’s P O V

I felt a sharp pain in my lower stomach.

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!” yelled Maz.

Maz punched the old man in the face, causing him to fall to the ground and this time he couldn’t get up.

“HEY!! HEY!! PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!!”

He fell to his knees and gently placed my limp body into his arms. He wrapped me in his arms and tried to get me to stay awake but I couldn’t. I tried but I couldn’t, he stabbed me really deep.

M-Maz . . . l-list-listen to me, GO! G-G-GO!! Run to safety . . . please! Y-y-you don-don’t belong here . . . just leave me here. I’ll b-be fine. I said trying to catch my breath.

His eyes studied my face . . . my body and my wounds.

Maz- I cupped his face with my bloody hand. Look at me Maz.

His eyes met mine. Thankfully since it was night time and there was very little lighting where we were he didn’t notice my eyes.

I also changed my voice when I go out so no one will notice it’s me.

“I-I c-c-can’t leave you. You need to go to a hospital”

I chuckled weakly.

No, I need you to be safe. Don’t worry I’ll be- AHHHH!!!!

I tried to sit up but the knife was still inside me.

“Stop don’t move, I’ll call for help” he took out his phone and began dialing.

I grabbed his phone.

No! I’ll do this myself, I’m used to this. I scrunched my face.

I ripped a piece of fabric from my shirt and carefully wrapped it around the knife’s handle.

My breathing was irregular, my heart was beating at least 85-95 beats per minute and everything was blurry.

FUCK! My vision . . . I was losing it.

I gripped my hand on the knife’s handle and slowly pulled it out of me.

GAHHHH!! FUCKKK!!!

“Aye! Are you fucking insane! LEAVE IT TO THE PROFESSIONALS! OI! FUCK THAT BRO, I’M CALLING AN AMBULANCE” his eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw me doing it.

MMMM!!! MMMM!!! I mumbled under my mask.

I tried to catch my breath when I saw him dialing again.

I slapped his phone out of his hands.

I.SAID. NO! I’ll be fine Maz! Look at me!

His eyes meet mine yet again. This time I saw how scared and how worried he was.

I’m fine, GO HOME KID!

I heard a few grunts coming from Maz’s back, it was the old man.

My defense instincts kicked in and I slowly picked myself up.

“Stay behind me” he stood in front of me and waited for the old man to get close to us.

P-put your hands up. Like this. I whispered in his ear whilst I grabbed his hands and positioned him in a fighting stance.

And have your feet like this; c’mon q-quickly. I separated his feet with mine.

I still had his hands in mine.

*nasty smoker cough* “So you fink you can beat me aye?” the old man stumbled towards us.