02: Sorting Hat

Savannah's POV:

Vivi fished a few of the smaller bags we had kept with us from the compartments above the seats. She handed it to me with a large grin which I mirrored.

The train ride with Fred and George hasn't been boring; like I had said before, they were exactly like us except they were guys.

We hopped off the train to a large platform that was completely packed with students pushing and shoving to carriages. Vivi and I got stuck in between a crowd and were being practically carried along with them.

The carriages seemed to be pulled by massive dark creatures that blended into the night sky.

Eventually Vivi was thrown into me by older students much to her unheard disagreement. She muttered a curse under her breath, plainly angry. Though her mood changed when she saw the creatures.

"Who are they Savvy" she questioned. I shrugged at her, as confused as she was. Nobody else stopped to even glance at them, like this was completely normal, as it probably is.

Fred and George came panting behind us, worry stricken over their faces.

"Vivi, Savannah," they shouted, echoing each other, "the boats are about to leave!"

"The carriages-" I started though George cut me off by grabbing my elbow and half dragging me to a collection of row boats. I glanced back to find Fred with Vivi in tow.

"FIRST YEAAAAARS THIS WAY" shouted a large gentlemen.

"That's Hagrid," George whispered to me, "he's the gamekeeper of the grounds" and I nodded.

"Pick a group and step in the boats" Hagrid voice was loud and deep, finding every crevice.

Fred, George, Vivi and I automatically picked one while everyone else shuffled awkwardly with people.

"There's a rumor that there's a giant squid here" Fred said, eagerness filling his face.

We made easy conversation across the lake as the boat smoothly set forth across the water.

"Why were you at the carriages" George asked bewildered.

"Crowd carried us I guess," for I said as both Vivi and mines shoulders went up and down, "Are they for the older students?"

They nodded in unison; they were lucky for originating from a wizard family with older siblings to fill them in while our brother said basically nothing.

"What were those creatures pulling the carriages" Vivi asked.

"Nothing pulls them" Fred said, dead-serious.

"Haha funny," I said laughing, "but really."

"He's not kidding" George said eyebrows raised.

Vivi stared at me thinking intensely while I pondered there sincerity to the matter.

The conversation ended as the boats stopped at the shoreline and we stepped out.

My breath stopped as I stared at the large, stone castle with Vivi at my side.

Fred and George were as equally amazed, no matter how many times they have seen pictures.

Vivi raced to the front, with me short after her heels.

She stopped abruptly at Hagrid causing me to crash into her; neither of us were very coordinated, safe to say. In other words, we were complete klutzes.

Hagrid's laugh was grumbly and deep, "Twins eh?" he said while we nodded, grins wide.

"I'm Savannah" I said.