Between Love & Deception (Chapter 41)

Recap-         

          I couldn’t help but laugh, “If Beau deserves a father figure, why don’t you give him the one you have been being to him for the past five god damn years! I don’t need this; I have a lot more important things on my mind Mr. Nash…” I said while grabbing the box that he had sat on my desk. “…So please, leave me be. And take this while you are at it. Burn it for all I care.” I said while throwing it at him. Though the top popped open and a small pack of disks fell out and tons of letters flew onto the ground.

 Minutes after, I could still feel Carter’s presence behind me. I just wanted him to leave, and get the fuck out! Was he deaf? “Did you not here me? I said get the fuck out!” I yelled at him.

             “Bradford, I always knew you were a piece of shit but i never once thought of you as a coward. I guess i was wrong though. Wrong about everything really. Beau is ten times better off without you.” Just like that, Carter was walking towards the front door, leaving the dvd’s and letter spread out onto my floor. I looked down at them as I heard the door slam but I didn't pick them up. I walked past them, and poured me another glass of scotch.

Chapter 41

Samantha

            I sat silently on the couch watching Beau and Grant sit close to the TV while watching reruns of Blue’s Clues. Before putting him to bed, Beau started asking for Danny and everything got out of hand quick. He was simply having a tantrum for his father. Which, in this case, you could say is normal. I simply couldn’t take it. His faint cries and whimpers were just way too much for me to handle alone. So, I called Grant. He was always there for me at times like this and other than Danny; Grant was the one other one that Beau really had a good relationship with.

            As I sipped on my coffee, I watched them both sit in silence. I giggle almost at the fact that Grant was extremely, if not more, interested in the show as Beau was.

            Once Beau was situated and watching the show, Grant was standing up from the floor and nodding towards the kitchen. “I think we need to talk in private…” His voice was smooth, and sweet just like always but there was something different about it.

            I slowly got up from the couch, and followed him into the kitchen where he lifted himself up onto the counter and studied me hard. “So, give me the 4-1-1? Beau isn’t getting over this any better and you? Samantha, you look like complete shit.” His eyes glazed over me, with a somewhat disgusted look in his eyes.

            “Wow Grant that was such a sweet compliment.” I said, while pushing myself into the stool that sat at the bar. “Everything is fine. Beau is upset, and for the most part he should be. And I am getting over it little by little. I am just putting him first this time. It’s being done the way it should have been the first go round.”