The Rain

*Andy's POV*

It was raining tonight. Amy was too tired to stay up any later, and I saw Skylar go onto the porch in the backyard. I kept looking at the back door. I got up, not able to take it anymore. I went into the kitchen, making two cups of hot chocolate. After I was done, I went into the backyard, and sat down next to Skylar. She handed me some of her blanket, and I handed her hot chocolate. She sipped some, and put it on the table.

I put mine on the table, and got closer to her so I could wrap the blanket around me. "Why did you come out here again?" She asked. "I thought about it and it's a good idea to sit outside when it rains. It makes it easier to think." I said. "What do you have to think about?" She asked. I looked at her wide eyed. "What do you mean by that?" I asked. "Well, you whole life is a fucking wonderland. Bands, Warped Tour, Black Veil Brides, etc etc etc." She said. I looked at her as she stared out at the rain. "My whole life isn't a wonderland." I said.

I heard her scoff and I turned to look at her. She was staring at me. She turned a little towards me and picked up her hot chocolate. "Well then tell me about your life Andrew." She said. I didn't like how she used my real name. I looked at her and she raised an eyebrow. "Well," I started, "I was bullied a lot during school. I wore make-up and dressed in all black and wore band t-shirts. I was called a devil worshiper for wearing a Dropkick Murphy t-shirt." I said. Skylar laughed and I smiled.

"Well, I've been bullied, beaten, and offended by the other kids in school. Typical stuff for a teenager." I said. "No it's not." Skylar said quickly. I looked down. "Well, I guess it's my turn now. Though I really don't know how to say it all." She said. I looked at her and she was staring at her hands. She lifted up her shirt sleeves and I saw scars. "I used to be sexually abused by my uncle. So I did this. It "relieved the pain"." She said, using her fingers as quotations. I frowned at her and grabbed her hand. "Don't do this anymore." I said.

She pulled her hand away and looked at me. "I haven't done it in 4 years. I just hope that after everything I can help other kids so they won't have these scars haunting them for the rest of their life like mine are." She said. I knew right away she meant Amy. Although she is only 3 years old, I knew that Skylar would be there for her always. "Well, away from that I was bulllied. My hair was died pink when I was in highschool so of course I was the outcast. I only had one friend but she got hit by a car." She said. I looked at her as Skylar slowly took her shirt off. "What are yo-" I panicked. She looked at me. "I'm wearing a tank top don't worry." She said.

She took her shirt off and turned around. I saw a tattoo of a name on her shoulder. "We got it when we were juniors. Her name was Marissa. My name was on her shoulder. Now its buried in the ground." She said, putting her shirt back on. I looked at her hands. They were shaking. "I'm so sorry." I said. She looked at me. "Don't." She said. I looked at her. "Sorry never means anything." She said. I leaned forward and gave her a hug.

She squeezed my sides and I let go, sitting back. "So yeah. My life sucked. But then I made Rebel 5 and everything was better. I have fans, and I perform sometimes. I dont go on many tours or perform much, of course never as much as you do. I still have to deal with my unfaithful parents. But I always feel better when I pick up my guitar." She said, picking up her guitar. "I didn't even notice it there." I said. "Cause I don't want you playing with it." She said. She held it and started to play. I noticed the song right away. "Make-up Smeared Eyes by Automatic Loveletter?" I said. She nodded.

She started to play the song, humming a little. Once she started to sing I was taken a-back. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Every lyric was in perfection along with her voice. I didnt want it to end. She stopped singing and I felt my heart skip a beat. Man I like her a lot. She looked at the rain. I looked at the rain too. I instantly felt her slide up to me, and lay her head on my shoulder. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I'm cold." She said. "But you have a blanket." I argued. "Well maybe I just wanna lay on your shoulder." She said quickly. I laughed and grabbed her hand. She looked at me and smiled.

She squeezed my hand a little. "Thanks." She said. "No problem." I replied. We sat there staring at the rain, side by side, holding hands. I thought about telling her that I liked her but I shuddered. "What if she doesnt like me the same?" I thought to myself. "Skylar?" I asked. She didn't answer. I looked a her and saw that she was asleep.

I laughed, picking her up bridal style and carrying her in the house. I carried her upstairs and into her room, sitting her on her bed. I put her under the covers and looked at her as she adjusted to her bed. I looked at her as she sighed. I smiled, bending down to kiss her forehead, then turning her light off and closing the door. I went into my room. I layed down on my bed and looked at the ceiling. "Yep. Goodnight Sky." I said, before falling asleep.