A Kidnappers Secret

Dedicated to RAWR198 for the AWESOME cover!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the computer screen blankly, not fully processing what I was seeing. Definitely not wanting to read it again, I have to assure you I'm not a coward, though I'm not much of a fighter either, in fact I'm just a normal person, well kind of normal. Kind of...

For the most part I'm just a normal fifteen year old boy, with a nice house decent parent's and two younger sisters -which are not the best part of my life- until now, I guess you could say.

I jumped to my feet and ran out of my room, down the hall and right into my dad.

"Where you going Laser?" he asked me as usual, in his deep gruff voice.

"Casey... she..." I stuttered, he looked at me questioningly, I grabbed his hand and pulled him into my room and told him to read the email still up on my screen.

He stared at the message for a moment then gasped.

I gulped, and we both looked at each other for a minute.

For all you curious readers out there, here is what it said:

Hello Lazarus,

I have your sister.

I am not demanding a ransom, and I don't care if you call the police.

I shall give you a riddle, on who I am and where I am,

If you can figure it out before nightfall tomorrow, I will let her go, if not she will die.

The riddle is this:

Closely falling stars,

Will carelessly fall away,

Morning dawn will call,

And everything will be gone,

The tide on the morning night,

Might help with the cloud in the sky,

But when you find it at last,

You'll wish you could look away.

Alright Laser, I'm looking forward to seeing you.

Sincerely,

~A kidnapper~

My dad blinked at me then said,

"It's probably a prank"

"Yeah, your right" I said relieved,

"You should forget about it and enjoy your weekend" my dad got up and walked to my door, he turned around like he would say something else, but then he shrugged and walked away.

I sat there for a moment reading the riddle again, thinking, What if this is true? What if she really is kidnapped? Would I have to save her?

Later that day my mom came home from work looking flustered.

"What's the matter mom?" I asked as she walked in.

My other sister, Lee, came in before my mom texting, she didn't glance up and made a bee line to her room, I rolled my eye's at her back.

"Casey wasn't at her friend's house" my mom replied to my question.

"WHAT?" I yelled.

"She said she wasn't feeling well so she came home, is she alright?" my mom asked calmly.