Love At First Flight

Part 1

  I want to sit in first class damn it.

  I kept bouncing my leg anxiously, which was definitely earning a death glare from the old woman next to me. Well the glare she was giving me now could have been because of me mumbled ‘bitch’ but whatever.

  I chewed on the inside of my lip and fidgeted with a loose string on my carry on bag while waiting for the perfect moment to go. I saw the bathroom become unoccupied just as the flight attendant stepped away to go help a passenger.

  Just as I was about to get up I heard a snooty voice pipe up next to me. “Where is your mother young lady?

  I snapped my head around and calmly said “I don’t know, where’s your grave spot?” She looked shocked for a moment before her eyes turned to slits and her mouth tightened. She huffed and turned the other way.

  I was close to apologizing. I’m honestly never rude to strangers but I’m on a mission and she was distracting me.

  Looking back it was still clear so I coolly rose from my seat and made my way toward the bathroom slipping into it for a minute. I need to make sure it looks convincing, that I had just come from the bathroom because I had to pee not because I was trying to sneak into first class.

  I reopened the door and calmly walked toward the curtain of first class, walking in like there was no doubt I was meant to be there. I could see though from the corner of my eye one of the flight attendants eyeing me. I saw an empty seat coming up on my left so I slowly sat down in it. By the time my ass hit the seat the attendant was at my side.

  “Ma’am I’m going to have to ask you to leave if you do not belong up here.” Her southern twang being emphasized on ma’am.

  I gave her my most confused look. “I don’t know what you mean. This is my seat. I paid to sit here.”

  “Well may I see your ticket then ma’am?”

  “Of course.” I opened up my backpack and reached my hand in, staring into the bag, pretending to look for my ticket. When I couldn’t “find it” I looked down the isle distraughtly and grunted looking back into the bag. “I swear I just had it.” I mumble.

  “She’s extremely forgetful.” A deep voice spoke behind me. I turned in my seat to come face to face with…a really hot guy. He was looking at me with a smile on his face showing off his straight white teeth. “Babe you left your ticket on the seat when you got up.”

  He held up a ticket and handed it to the attendant. I stared at him in shock. He actually has the ticket for this seat?

  I turned back to the attendant with a smile on my face and shrugged. “Silly me.”

  She gave me a tight-lipped smile and hands me back the ticket a bit more forcefully than necessary.

  When she was gone I turned back to the guy sitting next to me. He was now on his iPhone tapping at the screen with the thumb of the hand that was holding the phone. I leaned back in the seat and stretch my neck a bit to see what he was playing.

  Solitaire.

  “Did I miss something?”

  He wasn’t looking at me but I was now looking at him. “What?”

  “You’re breathing down my neck,” I backed away a bit. “I figured I didn’t get something.”

  “Sorry.” I felt a blush creep up my neck a bit. Now he looks in my direction.