Chapter 30

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

When I had told my mother all about my new school – leaving out the disturbing parts about Eros and stuff like waking up with Simon in my bed, fainting and getting kissed – we got up to introduce my mother to Simon. She was very insistent on meeting him – I almost recognized her old worried and over-protective self. When Simon saw us walking toward him, he quickly put down the book he’d been reading. I recognized the title: Macbeth. That boy was one hell of a nerd.

“Hey, Sime,” I greeted when we reached him. “I would like you to meet my mother. Mom, this is Simon.”

“Nice to meet you, Ms. Hollow,” Simon said gracefully, getting up to shake her hand. “Would you like to sit down?”

My mother shook her head. “No, no, I’ll be leaving in a minute. I just wanted to meet the boy my daughter seems to be spending so much time with. I heard you even helped her study?”

Simon smiled slightly. “Well, she did all the hard work herself, I merely helped her to stay focused.” He looked meaningfully at me.

“Yes, this girl certainly needs someone to keep her from playing games and watching reality shows,” my mother agreed, rolling her eyes. “She’s smart, but she’s also quite lazy.”

“Mom!” I protested, irritated. “I’m not.”

“She is working quite hard, Miss,” Simon assured her with a fond smile in my direction. “She’s adjusting quite well to life at her new school.”

“Well, I am glad you seem to think so,” Mom answered. It was obvious she approved of Simon. She liked polite boys. “I need to go now, though...” She turned to me. ‘When would you like to see me again?’

I thought about that for a moment. “I need some time to process things, so maybe in a few weeks?”

“That’s a good idea,” she complied. “You’ll mail me when you’re ready?”

“I will,” I promised, smiling broadly. “Thanks for the pancakes, Mom.” I tried to convey through that simple sentence my gratitude for everything she’d told me that day.

“My pleasure.” She waved at both me and Simon and took off. Normally, she would have given me a hug, but she obviously wasn’t ready for that yet. I regretted that, but at least I understood her worries and concerns now.

The moment she was gone, I sunk into the soft cushions of the couch Simon was sitting on and sighed heavily. “That was exhausting.”

He immediately opened his arms and smiled. “Allow me to give you some strength.”

I smiled back and hugged him tightly, feeling his purple glow expanding and including me in its warm glow. “I really don’t get how any of this works,” I murmured, enjoying the calm he was giving me.

“Me neither, but I’m working on it,” he promised.  “I’m gonna do some serious research on this.”

“I think I’ll join you,” I decided with a heavy sigh. “There’s something else we need to figure out… My mother told me some pretty heavy stuff today.”