Six: Family Members . . . and Diapers

Thanks Moonlight_SB for helping me with the French. :) Lol . . . I'll keep the pirate thing in mind.

Chapter Six: Interesting Family Members and . . . Diapers  

“He what?” I begged Sherry to repeat, barely able to control my laughter.

“He ran around yelling, ‘I am the kind of the over world, obey me!’ with his brother’s diapers, used may I add, on his head,” Sherry said as she laughed softly at the memory.

“Wasn’t he ten, though?” I inquired, not being able to wipe the smile off of my face.

“Yes, that’s why I still worry about him today,” she said, pretending to be solemn. “What about you, Rena?” Sherry asked, changing the topic. “How you are doing?”

“You know, the same ol’,” I replied coolly.

“Do you have a boyfriend yet?” she asked on cue.

“No, Sherry, like I said, same ol’,” I rolled at her anticipation.

“I worry about you sometimes as well,” she said again, but seriously this time. “Shouldn’t you be out on Fridays?”

“I would rather be here,” I told her genuinely.

“With an old bat like me?” she joked. “You’re a saint.”

You’re the saint,” I muttered under my breath.

“What was that, Rena?”

“Nothing,” I said quickly. Sherry hated to be complimented. Last time I did, she wouldn’t talk to me for half an hour.

“Alright then,” Sherry gave me confused looked, but it was replaced with a look of excitement. “Did you hear that?” she asked as she sat up.

“What?” I tried to listen more attentively.

“My grandson’s coming!”

“Should I leave?” I asked, disappointed.

“No, of course not! Don’t you want to put a face to our diaper-on-head over lord?”

I laughed. “He’s the one?”

“I wouldn’t go that far, darling. You haven’t even met him yet. Only time can tell.”

I rolled her eyes at her attempt at a joke. “Very funny, Sherry,” I said dryly.

“Come in!” Sherry called out randomly. I gave her a weird look. Who was she talking to? Must be her and her super hearing.

Suddenly, I heard the door creak open and a too familiar voice call out, “Hey, Grandma.” I clenched my teeth. I really didn’t want to see him right now.

Maybe he would go away if I closed my eyes real tight.

“Granny, who’s this?” Nope.

I turned around slowly.

“What are you doing here?” Uranus and I chorused together, but his sounded more from shock than mine, which was more in distaste.

“I take it you know each other, then,” Sherry commented from the bed, looking back and forth from the both of us. Well, I was assuming so, anyways.

“She’s my grandma,” Uranus answered in a ‘duh’ tone.

“Community service.”

“Rena, don’t lie,” Sherry warned me sternly. “Trent, this is the girl who has been helping me out the past years. From her own will,” she explained cheerfully. “I told you she was pretty,” she added as I rolled my eyes.