Finding Utopia

Author FYI- If you think this story is in any way shape or form like twilight tell me and i will change it. 

***************************************************************************************************************

I sit in the soft floral chair and face the mahogany vanity in my new oversized room. My face hasn't finished healing. My grey eyes still have black and blue bruises around them. My mouth is still a little lopsided from being dislocated and crushed. My lip’s healing fast you can barely tell it was swollen. I look at the heaps of mud and leaves in my hair and I think about what I've just done.

I used my power to hurt someone I really loved and I killed her. I took someone's life. I thought as the tears came. I knew that if I didn't she was going to kill me, but does that make it right. My hands tremble as I look down at them. I'm a witch we use magic to heal and give to the universe not to kill and destroy. I can feel Emerald's magic flowing through me. When a witch kills another on Harvest Moon they can absorb the others power. The flux did little to take away the pain as my body slowly healed itself.

"Natalya, are you okay?" Leona asked standing in the door way. I wish I could take it back and make this nightmare end but it's just beginning. 

“I killed someone,” I cried as she rushed over to hold me. I was shaking from the pain and shock. I didn’t deserve to live when they couldn’t. I glanced up over her shoulder and through my tears I saw the bright moon, its mystic beauty whispering to me. Be at rest, be at rest. The wind crept in through the balcony door hissing its soft song. It felt like they night was welcoming me. I walked over and gently pushed the cracked doors to see my new home.

“It seems as though we weren’t the only ones who missed you, Talya,” she whispered as we watched the sky glow with shooting stars, and the waters dance with nymphs and other creatures. We live in this world of mystery and magic, just beyond the end of every rainbow across the mystic rivers, and behind the great waterfalls of Europe and South America, in a world known as Utopia.

You may be wondering how this can be a hidden world of fairy tales creatures. Well, it’s true. I grew up there, or so I am told. In this hug cottage like mansion. It overlooks the bluest ocean. That’s filled with mermaids, sirens, and other water fairies. Yet, the most wonderful things are the rainbow fish. When the moonlight hit their multicolored scales it makes the ocean glow and sparkle much like tonight. The air always seems warm and salty. The sun is big and bright. At night the moon looks as if you could reach out and touch it at Silverwolf Canyon.

This is where we live, in solitude, away from fearful mortals and they’re judgments, away from servitude and harsh treatment, where we are free and happy. And yes, there’s a down side, the dark side of Utopia, my home, the place where dark lords and evil beings dowel. The sun never rises and the cold pale white moon never sleeps. There are places where goodness and mercy are truly hard to find.   This is my home of magic and wonder. I don’t remember much of it, just Christmas from when I was four.

I wish I could get those memories back of summers by the lake and snowball fights after school. Even though I wish I could remember my past I’m confident in the future I see in front of me. It’s been a long tiresome journey, okay maybe I should just get to the story.

So, I was a not so normal girl living in Philadelphia. It was me and my bestie Luna. We both had a secret that we bonded over it joined us like sisters. She lived with me in the magical part of the city that no one knew about. She practiced with me, and we came into our powers together. Luna is the greatest friend I’ve ever had. Okay, I’m getting off topic again. So, Luna and I went to the mall to get dresses for the Fall Festival. It’s a huge masquerade we throw in the beginning of the school year for the kids that don’t celebrate Halloween.  It seemed like a normal trip to the mall until we split up. She went to look for earrings while I got our shoes. I found the cutest red stilettos for her and gold slang backs for me, when something in the book store grabbed my attention.