Part Five

“You should.” He said nodding. “ You should tell him that you took the anger that you felt toward someone else and by accident directed it towards him but you in no way meant for that to be said to him. Mistakes happen Zoe, your human and if he’s anything like a friend or whatever he is, he’ll just get over it.” He said patting my hand with his shoulder. “ Do you want me to walk you back home?” He asked while looking at his watch.

“It’s okay. I uh- I’m going to think about what I’m going to say to him. Besides I only live a little way from here.”

“Alrighty-then. I’ll see you in school then, right?” He asked me.

"Yeah. I think you and I need to hang out sometime. I need to be around someone who’s good at giving advice. And you do a hell of a good job of it too.” I told him.

 “We, will.” He said turning around. “ Bye.” He said looking back.

  I waved back and walked in the direction of my house.

                                               (  Chapter Five)

            When I got home, I ran to the refrigerator forgetting everything else in the given moment. I threw open the refrigerator door like a savage and grabbed a bottle of water.

            I gulped the water, loving the feel of the coldness going down my dry throat. I had jogged back home, six blocks; six long blocks to be exact and in flip-flops. I almost tripped about eight times.

            “ So finally you get back.” I turned around quickly, being caught by surprise.

            Blake was standing in the doorway between my room and the kitchen.

            “ What were you doing down there?” I asked him, voicing my thoughts and narrowing my eyes at him in suspicion.

            He nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders. “ I was just wondering around is all.” He responded.

            “Really? And so what, you decided to go exploring around my house as if it were some fucking museum, with amazing artifacts or something?” I asked him pissed.

            “Yeah, pretty much. And since I got bored and tired of waiting for you I asked Amelia what time she had to be at school and she told me seven…” He looked down at his watch. “ It’s now seven’ twenty by the way.”

            “Shit.” I cussed. “ Em’s never been late to school, this’ll be the first time. She’s going to kill me.”

            “Never mind that.” He said waving his hand dismissively and cutting me off. “She isn’t even here.”

            “Well where the hell is she?”  I asked, glaring at him.