Two weeks went by and Darrell and I hadn't spoken to each other and apart from off and on random gazes we rarely looked in each others directions. We continued the avoiding each other on our morning rides. In fact Darrell stopped riding with us completely.

Things started getting real rough between me and Tonya, I was losing interest in her and she could feel it. One early morning I got a breakup text from her.

I still wasn't talking to Darrell, and now without Tonya it basically was Charlotte and me everyday. Spending time with Charlotte was fun, but I was truly missing my best friend. Surprisingly though I was fine without Tonya.

"Go see Darrell tonight, he loves you and he is waiting for you to make up your mind." Charlotte urged me one morning. "This is a big step for him trying to be with his straight best friend. And he knows you saw him with Joe that night. He says nothing happened with Joe, they broke up kissed and they watched TV and fell asleep. Just go to him Martin you are crazy about him, why pass it up?" she asked.

"Come with me, I'm afraid." I told her.

She quickly shook her head, "No! This needs to be about you and him. Got to him, talk, do whatever the two of you need even if it means just being friends again." she pushed me on and she actually convinced me to move forward with Darrell.

Late that evening shortly before 9 I slipped out my parents' house to Darrell's, I knocked at the door his mom answered .

"Oh, I'm sorry, is ahh...Darrell awake?" I asked trying to be as apologetic as possible.

She stepped aside, "He's in his room." she waved down the hall, "You can go down if you'd like or I can call him out here." she offered. “He loves you Martin, please don't hurt him."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. His mom was fighting for her son's gay relationship. My mom is going to turn and run when she realizes what I am doing. How was I going to tell my parents I was falling for a guy.

I made it to Darrell's room and knocked on the door. My heart was pounding, palms sweaty, I was simply nervous as hell I couldn't wait to feel his hands and lips on me. The strange new feeling was making me want this guy so much.

"Yeah, come in." He called through the door.

I reached for the handle and turned. As I stepped into the room the first sight of him took my breath away, "ha...ha...hey you." I stuttered softly.

Darrell walked over to me slowly, "Hey you!" he replied sounding shocked that I was actually there. He reached his hand out and rubbed my cheek. "I missed you, our friendship, I wish I would have never told you my feelings" he said sounding so remorseful.

I grabbed his hand, "Dont say that, I appreciate you telling me. I see you now, and I see a new me. I think I am falling for you." I admitted as I held his hand in mine.

I stepped closer so our bodies touched. "Please don't do this unless you want me, you want us" he whispered as he lowered his mouth to mine.

I could feel his warm breath across my skin. My skin prickled and my body slightly shook at the anticipation of his kiss, "Kiss me, Darrell, please kiss me, I need to feel you." I begged.

Darrell didn't hesitate any longer, he captured my lips with his. The skill, the passion, and intimacy had me breathless and immediately wanting more. I pulled him all the way to me and I pulled his shirt over his head. I have seen this chest thousands of times, but for some reason this time I gasped at the sight he was even sexier right now. "You tanned, you look hot, Darrell" I said as I started trailing kisses down his neck.

"Martin I have wanted you since I was 12 and I have loved you since then." he told me as his tongue crept along my ear line to my ear lobe. I moaned loudly. It was so amazing how he knew exactly how to drive me crazy.

"Boy you drive me crazy" I whispered, and backed him to the bed. When he reached the bed he sat down and I straddled him. I sat on him and we made out for hours. At some point we fell asleep in each others arms.

The morning came quickly and we had a surprise just as I climbed on him and started giving him a few good morning kisses. His mother walked in the room "Darrell, what do you want for brea...oh god, oh boys I'm so sorry" she apologized, turning red and quickly walked back out the room locking the door as she left the room.

I rolled off of him so embarrassed. He guided me back to him, "uh ah...that was feeling to good get back up here." he smirked, "She will be fine, trust me she is happy right now."

After a nice make out session, we walked in the kitchen together, Darrell walked over first and kissed his mom's cheek, "good morning mom" he smiled and gave her a quick squeeze.

"Good morning baby" she said smiling and hugging him back. She looked over at me and smiled her face reddened and I am sure mine did too.

"Go morning Mrs. Nash" I said and gave her a hug.

Darrell's little 6 year old sister, Lisa, was at the breakfast table so Mrs. Nash pulled us into the dining room. "First of all I am truly sorry about this morning, but please lock the door from now on. And are you boys being safe, do you need me to buy you condoms or anything?" she asked hugging both of us. "I knew you would end up together."

Darrell blushed, "I can buy my own condoms, ma" he giggled and kissed his mom again and then left to go take his shower.

I sat with his mom at the breakfast table and ate after his sister left. "You're not upset he is gay?" I asked.

She shook her head "I, we love him, we've known for years. I just like seeing him happy. I knew after that camping trip he was finally with you he was so happy when he returned"

"How did he tell you, that he's gay?" I asked curious so I would know how to approach my parents.

She giggled, "His body told first" she smiled and held my hand. "His 13th birthday when all of you were swimming, you jumped on his back when y'all were playing water football. He got a little excited when he felt you on his back" she blushed. "He got out the pool and ran to his bedroom. Me and his dad followed and unfortunately, he started crying, cause you always seem to get him excited, and he said he had feelings for you. That was when we first

knew it may be more than a curiosity thing. And we hugged him and told him we accepted him regardless." she rubbed my back. "That was how we found out and once we accepted him, I think that's when he first started accepting it too. If you love him, just love him and be true to yourself, do what your heart tells you to do. It's going to be tough." she said and walked out the kitchen to finish getting Lisa ready for school.

I left to take my shower. For the first time in weeks I rode with Darrell to school. When we got to school, I did something so bold. I walked around the car, kissed my new boyfriend on the cheek, whispered

I loved him, and held his hand as we walked in the building. I expected Darrell to pull away but he just held on tight and smiled. This was definitely the start of something great