Chapter 31 - UNCUT

WARNING - This chapter contains EXPLICIT SEX and SEXUAL REFERENCES and NAKED BODY PARTS and COURSE LANGUAGE and probably other offensive stuff too.

OK - This story doesn't do Sexual Tension - Sex is crucial to the plot - it this isn't your thing or you shouldn't be reading it then please DON'T READ THIS.

Please read this tastefully and let me know if there is anything in it that you think is inappropriate.

You have been warned!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 31 - UNCUT

The next day saw us return to Lord Percival’s Hall. It was decided that despite the friendship he once had with Edward and Robert, his land was seen as neutral ground due to his years of being a recluse and outside of court politics.  Therefore the other Lords would be willing to journey here and listen to us without fear of this being a trap.

We travelled in near silence.  There was much to consider after the revelations of last night.  But I noticed that Jonathan seemed to be in conflict.  As he drove the wagon he would on occasion turn to me but then his face would drop and he would draw away and return his stare to the road ahead.  I did not question him.  I waited.  When he was ready he would speak what was on his mind.

The day dragged on.  The slow jolting movement of the wagon was the only distraction from my sadness.  It was if a blanket of sorrow settling on me as I glanced at Jonathan. We still didn’t speak.  I missed his voice but I was also fearful of what was causing him so much pain in deliberation. 

Instead I spoke with both Douglas and Percy.  It was important that both men knew what needed to happen as soon as we arrived.  There was no time to lose.

“Maeb, we need to talk,” Jonathan finally murmured as we approached the Hall.

“I can see that.  But it will have to wait now.”  I caught his frown as the wagon drew to a halt and Percy was there to help me down. 

I didn’t see him after that.  Percy whisked me away and called forth a group of women.  I was ushered into the chambers I had previously used and much to their surprise my disguise was removed.  Percy was very blunt with them as he spelt out the need for discretion and secrecy.  Then the women got to work.

We needed to be prepared.  I would need to maintain my disguise until the point at which I greeted the gathering of Lords.  Then I needed to reclaim the dignity of my position.  These ladies would prepare the clothing needed to have me stand tall as Queen Maeb as I asked for their allegiance.

Finally the evening meal was finished and the messages were ready to accompany the runners who would leave at first light to deliver them.  I was exhausted.

I excused myself and was heading for my chambers when I felt a warm hand gently rest in the small of my back. 

“Walk with me please Maeb,” I turned to find Jonathan at my side.

We walked in silence until we reached the rose garden.

“Maeb, you know that I love you and that I love the child you are carrying for me,” Jonathan took my hand and looked into my eyes.

“Yes, you have said that before,” I felt my heart ache gently as I waited for the ‘But...’ that I was expecting but did not want to hear.