Check-Up

The second chapter, really short tho.

-------------------------

Roy Mustang

I lay back in the hospital bed, a slight frown forming on my face as I thought over what had happened today. No matter how I tried I couldn’t get her face out of my mind. How her lips had trembled with her sobs, her big brown eyes filled with tears, and her heart tearing screams, not for her own sake, but for mine. But above all how she had given up, how she had fallen to her knees before the enemy, just because she thought I was dead. I clenched my teeth and looked over at Havoc. He was asleep, or pretending to be. Anyway he hadn’t said much since we arrived at the hospital and it worried me.

The door to our room opened and the nurse entered, Amy I remembered.

She was a pretty little thing, blonde and big chested. I smirked.

“Good Evening Colonel Mustang could you sit up for a second, I need to change your bandages.” She said rather breathlessly. As I leaned forward Havoc opened his eyes and gave me a subtle thumbs up before playing dead once again. Little did he know I was interested in a different blonde… with lovely stern, brown eyes… Silk like hair… and legs longer than Full Metals ego…

Damn! Why did I have to think of him!? That just completely ruined my good mood!

“Wow, you have great stomach muscles!” Exclaimed Amy. I grunted in reply and Havoc raised an eyebrow, obviously listening in.

“Oh, also sir, a woman called in regards to you a while ago.” I perked up at the news. Riza maybe…?

“I think she said her name was Chris… Chris Mustang I think.” My mood plummeted again. That damn woman…

“And then, about an hour ago, another woman called! You must be pretty popular with the ladies!” I looked up at her, fighting to keep that stupid hope down.

“What was her name?” I asked, as casually as possible. The nurse put a finger to her lip.

“It was a bird or something I think. Eagleeye? No… I think—“

“Hawkeye?” she smiled.

“Yeah that was it!” Happiness swelled inside me and the tinniest smile broke through my casual mask. I looked up at Amy.

“Thank you.”