Trickery

"You are sure they are ok with me coming over?" questioned Matt as we walked toward my house. "You are still grounded."

"Nick agreed to lessons after school," I said, conveniently leaving out the fact that Nick was unaware the lessons were for him, "it will be fine."

Matt smiled, "I'm excited."

I giggled. "Don't get too excited," I said opening the front door. "Learning to play the guitar isn't as much fun as it sounds."

"Does he want me to pay for the lessons?" he asked as I led him into the music room "because I can pay..."

"Save your money to buy a good guitar," I said. "You can use mine until you get your own."

"You have your own guitar?" Matt said cocking a brow "That's sexy."

"Not only do I have my own guitar," I said walking over to the wall grabbing my Gibson SG "It's green."

Matt's face lit up. "You have a Gibson?" he said running is hand over the muscle green exterior admiring it's curves "Will you play me something?"

I smiled and took a seat next to him playing the first tune that came to mind, Matt just stared in awe.

"What was that?" he asked as I finished the song.

I smiled. "Did you like it?" I questioned.

"It was amazing," he said sounding genuinely amazed.

"It's Nick's," I said revealing the source of my tune, "He wrote it."

"Are you serious?" Matt questioned his eyes widened in shock.

I nodded. "One of the many songs he has written," I said bragging on my big brother. "He would have been famous...they wanted to sign him, but he gave it up to move back home."

"What's it called?" Matt questioned as the music room door opened and Nick appeared, his smile quickly fading when he saw Matt.

"Cecelia, I need to speak with you in the kitchen," He said his tone sharp.

I stood and handed the guitar to Matt. "I'll be right back." Matt nodded as I walked past Nick through the doorway and made my way into the kitchen.

"What do you think you are doing?" Nick questioned as he entered the kitchen. "You are GROUNDED remember...and since when is it ok to have boys over without permission...ESPECIALLY when we aren't home."
In my anticipation of the potential Matt/Nick bonding I may have slightly overlooked the fact that the boys might be upset about me having Matt over while they weren't home...whoops...I played dumb, it was my only defense.

"You said it was fine," I countered.

"What?! I most certainly did NOT," spat Nick.

"Yes you did," I argued "I said after school and you said sure."

"No," Nick said cocking a brow in confusion. "I said we could do guitar lessons after school."

"Oh, the lessons aren't for me," I said shooting him a smirk, "they are for Matt."

"What? No." He said shaking his head frustrated that I had tricked him.

"You said you would!" I argued.

"Yes, because I assumed you meant lessons for you," he said.

"Well, you shouldn't assume," I fired back determined to win this argument.

"CeCelia Marie, I don't have time to teach someone to play guitar." He said growing more irritated "If he wants to learn, you can teach him...that is IF I ever unground you."

"You DO have time, why don't you want to play anymore?" I spat "Or is it that you just don't like Matt?"

Nick let out a frustrated sigh rubbing the back of his neck as Joe walked in the kitchen, immediately sensing something was up. "What's going on?" he asked grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Matt is here," Nick said pointing toward the music room. "CeCelia tricked me into agreeing to give him guitar lessons."

Joe chuckled before noting Nick's frustration. "I MEAN...that was very naughty of you CeCelia, how dare you trick your brother into playing music." Joe said fake scolding me and wagging his finger trying desperately to keep a straight face. I giggled.

Nick threw his arms up in frustration. "I'm so glad to see that you are supporting her trickery."

"Trickery?" Joe repeated "CeCelia Marie...you KNOW trickery is just a step away from shenanigans..." He said continuing his fake scolding.

Nick sighed in defeat. "You two are impossible, this discussion isn't over," he said before turning to walk into the music room.

I turned and smiled at Joe before plopping down into the stool at the counter. "I don't know why you are smiling," Joe said chuckling "You do realize your boyfriend is now alone with Nick."