Chapter 130.

Hardin's head is heavy on my stomach when the sound of phone vibrating on the table wakes me up. I lift him gently, as gently as I can and retrieve the annoying object. The screen flashes with my mother's name and I groan before answering it.

"Theresa?" She chimes through the receiver.

"Yes."

"Where are you and what time will you be here?" She asks.

"I'm not coming there." I tell her.

"It's Christmas Eve Tessa, I know you are upset over this thing with your father but you need to come home and spend Christmas with me. You don't need to be at some hotel alone."

"I am not driving all the way there mother, it's snowing out and I don't want to be there." I feel slightly guilty for not spending the holidays with my mother. She isn't the nicest woman, but I am all she has.

Hardin stirs and lifts his head up, just as I am about to tell him not to speak he opens his mouth.

"What's wrong?" He says and I hear my mother gasps.

"Theresa Young! What are you thinking?" She shouts.

"I'm not doing this right now."

"That's him isn't it? I know it is by that voice!"

"I am getting off the phone now."

This is a terrible way to wake up. I sit up and move Hardin off of me, covering my naked body with the blanket.

"Don't you dare hang.." She yells and I hang up the phone.

I knew she would find out sooner of later, I was just hoping it would be later.

"What was that about?" Hardin asks, wiping his sleepy eyes.

"She was calling because she thought that I was going to come over for Christmas."

"Oh.." He says.

"Then she heard you and now she is ..she is just freaking out." I say and hold my phone up to him to show the two calls from her in the past minute.

"You knew she would, so really it's almost better that she found out this way."

"Not really. I could have told her instead of her just hearing you in the background."

"It's the same thing, she would have been pissed of either way." He shrugs.

"Still." I am slightly annoyed by his reaction. I know he doesn't care for her but she is still my mother and I didn't want her to find out like this. 

"Well what do you want to do invite her over for a nice Christmas dinner?"

"Really?" I snap.

"Just saying."

"Well you could be a little nicer about the whole thing."

"Sorry." He says.

I expected him to have a rude comeback but I am glad he didn't.

"Would you like me to make you some breakfast Daisy?" Hardin smiles.

"Daisy?" I raise my brow.

"It's early and I am not at my best to quote literature but you're grumpy so I called you Daisy."

"Daisy wasn't grumpy. Neither am I." I can't help my smile.

"Yes you are, and how do you know which Daisy I am talking about?"

"There are only a few Daisy's and I know you well enough to know which one you were referring to."

"Is that so?"