Interview with NightOfTheAssassin

Q: What made you start writing?

A: I started writing when I was about 9 because, my sister was doing it and my parents encouraged it as a hobby for me. I started a few Books(Dominion of Shayde: Demon of the Shadows and the second book) and found I loved it. It helps my creative side.

Q: Tell us what the first story you ever wrote was about.

A: The first story I ever wrote, was my Novel: Dominion of Shayde: Demon of the Shadows. None of my relatives have read it, because I have kept it secret since I was 9. 

Solar Shamans and Lunar Mages have lived in harmony for centuries. Their knowledge was limitless and their strengths were supernatural. To show their unique power, they created the Elysian Blade from the elements they governed.

The Elysian Blade was of unique properties; it was forged from the sun; yet held the luminescence of the moon and stars. The sword; with a select group of seven members of the Shayde Brotherhood; was placed high into the Whispering Mountains to reveal to all the peoples of Eventide that Day and Night's destinies were intertwined.

In an unfortunate event, a Soluman or Shadow Being, stole the blade from its resting place and slayed its keepers. Will they find it and restore the peace, or will mistrust, bad communication, and anger, lead to an all out war between the two Peoples?

Q: What is your inspiration for writing?

A: Mostly my environment; seeing as I have lived all over the USA and seen some magnificent sites. Alongside the works of J.R.R. Tolkien and Edgar Allen Poe, as well as Shakespeare and God. I have many small inspirations as well, like History and The Holy Bible. All those people and things, give me the inspiration for my stories and fuels my ability to write.

Q: What story of yours do you like the most?

A: I would have to say, Dominion of Shayde, since I have been working on it since I was nine. Which means I have been writing it for 7 years, almost a decade.

Q: Who is your favourite fictional character?

A: Oh, that is a hard one. Hm-favorite fictional character? I would have to say-Severus Snape from HP. It may seem unorthodox, but, I loved the way he was written. His story was tragic, but, he managed to save; in a way, the world due to his selflessness. The love of his life died, but, he worked hard to protect her child in her memory. Not to mention his life was threatened everyday, people he loved hated him, and though he knew it would all happen, he still did what was right. To me, it makes him a great character.

Q: Favourite book series?

A: Definitely, Harry Potter. I grew up with that series and have loved it all along. It is an inspiration, I did not mention above. I love every part of it.

Q: Do you have any 'habits' or 'traditions' when you're writing?

A: For habits, I would say, I must listen to music or look at a drawing of the scene in order to fully add detail. Plus, I write a sentence or two, stop and think for a bit, then begin again. It's silly, but, what I must do to write.

As for Traditions: I try to stick to my morals when writing. It doesn't mean I don't have brutal deaths or kissing, but, I never go extreme in those things, especially when it comes to kissing.

Q: What genre do you dislike the most, and why?

A: That is hard, but, I would say, I despise Werewolf. It's weird I know, but, I simply don't like it. Even though, Harry Potter had Werewolves it wasn't the main thing. I dislike the whole 'My Alpha is my mate, WHAT?' or 'My enemy is my long-lost MATE?!'. It bothers me for silly reasons and I would never find myself enjoying a story like that. That and FanFics(but that's not really a genre, more of a parody on life or the story) That's just me.

Q: If you could swap lives for a day with any person in the world, living or dead, famous or not famous, who would it be?

A: Hm, I don't think I would want to trade with anyone. Though my life is quite tough and has its boring parts, I rather enjoy being myself and don't wish I was anyone else. 

Q: What is your opinion on Oreos?

A: I LOVE THEM! They are the best cookies; aside from traditional home-made, out there! Can't say no to the O. 

Q: If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?

A: I would be a bunny. Because I am cute and fast. Just kidding. 

Seriously, I would most likely be a dolphin or something, due to my love for the water.

Q: Anything else you want to say?

A: Lets see, I would have to say; Thank you for taking the time to interview me. It was fun and tough. Also, to every writer, never give up, keeping trying; especially when you get bad feedback, because you can never run out of space for good detail and harsh reviews.

May Your Pencil Always Have Lead and Your Pen Never Run Out Of INK!

~Kaela Daughtry~