m . i . a

M.I.A

by Grace Taylor

-

When an unexpected turn of events pushes Mia into a world that she didn't even know existed, her life is well and truly turned upside down. School was never her favourite pass time, however her view on the experience that is education changes drastically, when instead of a timetable full of English, Biology and P.E she receives one that consists of Code Breaking, Polygraph Deception and Self-Defence classes. Not only will Mia learn how to kill a man in 18 different ways while only using a paperclip, she will also learn what it's like to feel completely out of her depth.

As more of this unnerving secret world is revealed to Mia, the more of her unresolved and mysterious past becomes clear. They do say however that ignorance is bliss, and for Mia, bliss seemed more and more unobtainable by the minute. When the past suddenly becomes her present, with old friends being thrown in to the mix, Mia must use her new and improved instincts to find her way- or die trying.

-

After slaving away at my laptop for what seems like a millennium I have finally got around to re-writing this. This book has gone through a lot of upgrades over the years, originally it was called The Clumsy Spy but due to the fact I was 13 when I wrote it wasn't exactly brilliant. An English GCSE and AS Level later my writing -hopefully- improved and it was revamped to Spies Lie Best and after uploading six chapters I seemed to think I was getting somewhere. However as this short little soliloquy comes to end we reach the present time. Now with another title (third time's a charm with any luck) I present to you the rewritten and improved M.I.A. I truly hope you enjoy it as this story has grown tremendously from the small idea it was almost three years ago to an actual book I hope it is now.