Chapter 1

I ran down the alley crookedly, repeatedly tripping over my bare feet. Short huffs of breathe left my mouth and fogged up the air around me. I yelped as my foot encountered a sharp rock and I flew forward. Trying to scramble myself up, I was too slow. The voice was back.

"Why'd you leave so early, love?" His voice was sweet as caramel. He flipped his curls out of his face and smirked at me.

"Get away from me." I snapped.

"Don't be like that, doll face." He stepped into the light and I gasped when we locked eyes.

"Whats your name?" He countinued.

"B b Brie.." I stampered.

He nodded, and held out a hand to help me up. He stared at me for a long time, taking drags from a low light ciggaratte.

"Well, whats your name?" You snapped.

He chuckled lowly, his eyes clouding over. His smile was almost demonic.

"You're a bitch, ye know that?" He bite his lip. "But I like it. I'm Ashton."

"Irwin?" I interuppeted, shocked. Ashton nodded.

I'd heard stories of this boy. Stealing girls within the night. Drugging them. Getting 15 year old girls pregnant. Fighting. Killing people who got in his way. I gulped and began to turn away.

Ashton grabbed my arm and I winced in pain. His nails dug deep into my skin. He barred his terth and brought his face close to mine. I whimpered, which only made hin smile.

"Not so fast." He tisked and I yelped when I felt his hot breathe on my neck. He slowly bentbdown further and sucked on my sweet spot. I felt the slight tug as his teeth grazed my skin. He leaned back up and touched the mark with his fingertips. "You're mine now." Before I could answer, he took up down the street. I ran the rest of the block to my house and locked every door and window. I locked myself in the bathroom and stared in my mirror. My eyes were frazzeled and huge, and my cheeks were pale. And right below my chin, and a little to the left, was a redish, purple mark.

"Dammit, Brie!" I screamed. "What the hell just happened?"