A Month is All I Have Chapter 1

She's the one who edited this from the useless chapter to a LOT cooler one. Love ya, girl! :) What would Ido without you? >:D<

A Month is All I Have

Chapter One

The Meeting

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 As the final bell rang, the usual rush of joy hit me. Who doesn't love the end of a school day, especially on the last day of school? I gathered my things and waved bye to my friends, calling out a quick, "See you guys next week!"

 We were planning to go to the movies together to kick off the summer and I couldn't wait. We always had fun together, especially when Brianna, my bestfriend, was involved.

  After walking for some time, I made it home. Smile still in place, I walked through the front door expecting to see my parents, but instead my eyes met my summer camp friend and crush. Nate Evans.

 Not sure how to react to his presence, I took advantage of the fact that he had yet to notice me and closed the door quietly, slipping into the nearby hallway. On my way to my room my dad was coming out of his own bedroom and he smiled, "How was school?"

  "It was great but uh, I was wondering actually, who's that in our living room?" I panicked at the last minute and took the safe route of pretending not to know who was sitting on our couch though I knew exactly who that was.

  "Oh you met him. That's Nathanial Evans. His parents are business friends of mine and seeing as summer's here they've come here for a month long visit. We have a spare room so I offered them that so as to save money and they've accpeted, so during their stay, I expect you, Chace and Andy to be good to them/"

  With that my dad walked out into the living room where I could hear him speaking to Nate. I felt my shoulders drop as I walked into my room. I couldn't deny the fact that I was very excited and felt like I was the luckiest girl to have my crush living in my own house for a month.

  Nate was as cute as he'd been when I last saw him and from the feelings stirring within, I could tell I was not over that summer crush. We were friends and I'd developed feelings for him but so had a lot of other girls and he was the kind of guy who took advantage of that. He was a player, he liked to use girls who were willing to fool around without commitment if he deemed them good enough and it didn't seem like he was going to change his ways. I don't know what happened, but as soon as summer camp ended, so had our friendship. It's not really like we fought, it's just that we lost contact.

  With a sigh I tapped my fingers on my night stand before deciding to go online. I chatted with my best friend Brianna, otherwise known to the group as Bri.

  After a short while I heard a knock on my door and turned arounnd only to see that it's Chace, my older brother.

  "Hey Jane, mom asked me to tell you to go down now. Dinner's ready."

  Excitement bubbed within me at the thought of our guests, well more like at the thought of Nate being present. I hurried out of the room, checking my appearance before walking into the dinning room. I can see that my parents, Chase, and lil sis Andrea were already seated, along with Nate and his family.

  I smiled at Nate as I took the seat away from him, surprised when he didn't return it. Writing it off as discomfort of the new surrounding, I smiled at his parents as my dad spoke up, "Jane, this is Arthur Evans, his wife Janine Evans and their son Nathaniel Evans."

  Mr. and Mrs. Evans smiled politely, Mr. Evans reaching over to shake my hand. I noticed Nate still didn't acknowledge my presence and it remained that way throughout dinner as well as the rest of the day. There were times when I couldnt help to steal a few glances and I could seeing him doing his own thing. I didn't let it bother me for the most part. After all, we haven't seen each other for a while now, and there's also the new surrounding. 

  Waking up the next day, I made sure to be showered and dressed for the day before going to breakfast, only to find Nate ignoring me once more and our parents happily upholding a conversation, Mr. Evans occassionally seeming to size me up in a calculating manner.

  For most of the day I watched television and went online, basically just relaxing on the first day of summer. When dinner came around it went in a similar fashion as the one of the day before, Nate excusing himself from the table as soon as he finished his meal, thanking my mother before going to the guest room. I'll admit, I was disappointed that he was still ignoring me. We'd been friends during summer camp last year. Could he have possible forgotten me? It was not something I wanted to have happened but it was a possibility.

  Once done with my own meal I put my dishes in the sink and headed off to my room after thanking my mom and saying goodnight. Not even ten minutes later I found myself bored of being in my room and decided to head into the living room but stopped when I heard Nate's parents speaking with my own. They said something about an agreement, bussiness and Nate. I understood none of it.

  Just then, my mom turned her head and her eyes went big when her gaze landed on me.

  "I'm sorry i didn't mean to eavesdrop, I-I just kind of overheard." I nearly thumped my forehead with the palm of my hand at the lame excuse.

  "No, no, it's fine, sweetie. In fact you should come sit with us. This matter, I'm afriad, concerns you."

  I cautiously  walked to where my mother was, still very embarassed at having been caught eavesdropping. "I can go if you want, honestly I shouldn't be here."

  It was my dad who spoke up this time, "It's fine, this really does concern you." He semed to fidget, looking at Mr. Evans then back to me before clearing his throat.

  "Arthur and I have made various bussiness deals throughout our careers and we've proposed another deal but he won't accept. This is where you come in. I know it's a huge favor to ask of you but he's tired of his son constantly bringing home different girls and my company really needs this deal. He wants you to make his son fall in love with you within a month so he'll change his ways.

  It took a moment for that to sink in because, get real, parents dont usually ask their daughter to make a boy fall in love with her for business. It's sick but when that did sink in..

  All Hell broke loose.

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Author's Notes:

Hey guys! So, what do you think of the first chapter?

I know it's crappy. The thing is, I dont really know how to start a story. I've got a whole bunch of ideas on what's gonna happen in the story but I just dont know how to start it, or how to make it flow. Please bear with it and give it a chance, amateur writer here. I don't think I can promise you anything, but I hope I'd get better :).

Thanks for reading!

PS sorry if this chapter is shot. I hope chapter 2 will be a lot longer! :D