Week Fifty-One.

Week Fifty-one.

I spent half of this week on Cardiology, the other half on various and sundry other things. One more week left as an intern. Whoa. That means only one more installment here. I actually got a little lazy this week. Thankfully, it was not a very busy week on this service.

Monday found me at one of our progam psychologist's home for the end of the year Intern seminar. We all gathered for our last intern bitch-fest/meal/arts and crafts/support session. I have only got to participate in two or three others, though they occur monthly. I tend to be on night shift or on call usually. Oh well. I enjoy them. Many others get very uncomfortable, because we are asked to share our feelings, or at least reflect on them.

Tuesday, I had office in the afternoon. I finally feel like I have a routine there, took long enough! I got to spend some time with folks I've seen before. The crux of family medicine lies there, in seeing patients in follow up and getting to know them.

Wednesday, I spent the afternoon on OB...my favorite place, yay...cough, cough. But I had a small revelation. I do kind of like it. Not enough to want to do the track, but I don't mind going in and catching a baby or two. There are a lot of procedures, and I like to do procedures. I was glad to get away from the Cardiologists. Several of their partners are on vacation, so they were feeling a little stressed out and were getting touchy.

Thursday, I worked up a couple of patients with who I think is one of my favorites to work with. I was slightly appalled when their office nurse made sexually harassing comments toward him. He is a good looking Indian man, and she made comments about him wearing her favorite pair of pants on him, and she made out like she would smack his butt. If the roles had been reversed, he would have had a sexual harassment claim filed against him faster than you could blink. Her comments even made me uncomfortable a little.

Friday, I stayed home with my kids, because my middle one did not listen, and went to the pool without sunscreen. He applied it before he went, but spent the day at the pool, for the first time. Just to give you an idea of how pale we are, my sister in law called him my marshmallow baby. He had a second degree sunburn! I feel so awful. He hopefully learned his lesson, and will do what I tell him in the future about sunscreen. I just hope this doesn't set him up for skin cancer in the future.

And today, Saturday, I took my kids to a movie. It was nice, and then I tried to get a nap in, because here I am, working the night shift. Ugh. No sleep. And none in sight. Hopefully, I don't have too many spelling mistakes, because I'm pretty tired.