Prologue

Author's Note:

Hey everyone! God bless you all! Well, I was thinking on publishing this story some time in the future so, if you please give me your honest opinions by commenting below? Thank you all! Enjoy this...

:3

-Hillary

Prologue

This time, it was different. It had always been me laying my head down against his chest, crying and telling him everything I felt inside, repeating over and over again that he would never understand how I felt. But I'd been wrong. He'd always known what I felt inside. That feeling of being unwanted.

Now, he was laying his head down against my chest. His muffled sobs somehow reverberating against his bedroom walls creating a sad song of its own-similar to all the ones I'd created for so many nights. I felt so helpless, not knowing what to do. All I could do was wish I had the power to take away the horrendous pain he felt; make those tears disappear. But instead, I was completely useless. So I just stayed there, running my fingers through his hair, trying to comfort him in any way that I could.

We stayed there for the rest of the night, listening to his own song-his sobs and hiccups-repeatedly. He'd heave a sigh once in while, wanting to hold back those tears, but they'd come down like endless bullets in a firing gun. "Everything will be okay, Mason," I whispered, planting a kiss at the top of his head like he would do to me when I was the one singing this heartless song.