Chapter 12: Per la Vita

I went back over to my aunt’s house. Olivia wasn’t talking to me. I walked over to her and sat on the couch.

“I’m sorry I had to leave earlier, if you still want to talk I’m here.” She looked at me, deciding if she should tell me or not.

 “Come on” She said as she stood up. I followed her into the guest room. She shut the door behind her. She went and sat down on the edge of the bed.

“I’m not suppose to tell anyone about something that happened, but I don’t think I can hold it in, it will tear me apart. It already is.” Tears started to form in her eyes. I didn’t know what to say to her. Should I tell her to keep it to herself because she’s not suppose to tell anyone? Or should I let her talk about? Should I let her know I was there? I didn’t want it to ‘tear her apart’ though.

“Tell me what happened. Me and me only” She looked up at me.

“Last night, I went outside the hotel to call you and to get some fresh air. Out of nowhere comes this guy and grabs me. He stuck something into my neck and I blacked out. I woke up in a van. I had no idea where he was taking me. When we came to a stop, he told me to get out. When I did, he blind folded me and took me somewhere. When I got there, there was a guy talking to someone. He came behind me and put a knife on my neck. He was talking about “This is what it comes down to” and was saying “So are you going to join or do I have to kill her first?” I had no idea what he was talking about. I heard someone whispered something but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. The guy walked away from me and then came back. He said that he was going to let me go as long as I didn’t tell anyone, but if I did he would kill me. Then, the guy who brought me there took me downtown and dropped me off. That’s why I needed you so much last night Cody. I’m sorry I got mad at you, it’s just, I didn’t know what to do.”

She was crying now. I was just about to tell her I was there when something stopped me. She would ask why I was there, and I couldn’t tell her I was in gang and the only reason they kidnapped her would be to force me into the gang. She would always be freaked out, even if I told her they wouldn’t hurt her. I regretted having her tell me, but at least she wasn’t telling anyone else. I put my arm around her.

 “I’m so sorry Liv. I’m sorry that happened to you. And I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you when you needed me to be. Everything is going to be okay though, you don’t have to worry about them again. I promise.” We sat there for awhile, my arm wrapped around her shoulders. We heard a knock at the door and Cassie came in.

 “Lunch is ready” She said as her head peaked in the door.

“Is everything okay?” She asked as she looked at Olivia. We both nodded and stood up. Olivia started to walk out of then room when she asked if me if I was coming. I shook my head and told her I was meeting Emma for lunch.

I meet Emma at a little café near my aunt’s house. It wasn’t very famous but it had amazing food. I sat at a table outside, waiting for Emma. I shifted in chair, making my back hurt. I got out another pain killed and took it with my coffee. I pulled out my phone and started to look through my message. I saw in the corner of my eye someone standing by my table. I looked up. It was Adam.

 “Get up, lets go” He said demanding. I looked at him.

 “Why?” He looked down at me, anger in his eyes. I knew better not to argue with him. I got up and followed him to his car. I pulled out my phone and texted Emma.

Hey something’s come up with my family. I have to go home. I’m really sorry. Some other time, I promise

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Emma’s Point Of View

I pulled up to the street across from the café. I turned my car off and unbuckled. I pulled down my mirror and checked my appearance one last time. I reached down to open the door when I saw Cody sitting at a table outside. Just looking at him gave me butterflies. I smiled as I opened my door. I looked up one more time. Cody was getting up and leaving, with someone whos face I did not see. I saw him reach out his phone and a couple seconds later my phone buzzed. It was from Cody. It sure did not look like he had something going on with his family.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Cody’s POV

I followed Adam in my truck. I had no idea where he was taking me. I felt horrible about ditching Emma like that. But, I have to realize I’m in a gang now. Whether I like it or not, my life is going to change. Adam pulled into a tattoo parlors parking lot.

 What is he doing?

He got out of his car, I did the same.

“What are we doing here?” I asked as we walked into the building.

“You’re getting a tattoo.” He said. Before I could say anything, he spoke again. “It’s part of the gang. We all have one” He said as he pointed to the quote going up the back of his right forearm. “Each of us have the same saying, but in a different language.” I looked over at the man who stood by us. I recognized him from the first night when I joined the gang. I looked down at his arm, he had one too. I wasn’t sure what language it was in though.

“You ready?” He asked as he looked over at me.

“I guess” I said as I shrugged. I walked over and sat in the chair.

“What does it say?” I asked. Adam walked over and sat beside me.

 “For Life” The thought of it made me sick. The man grabbed my forearm. I pulled it away.

 “I can’t have it on my arm, it’s to obvious. I don’t know what I’ll tell my family.” Adam shook his head.

 “Everyone else has there’s there. You have to” I nodded and rested my arm on the arm of the chair. The pain wasn’t even that bad, compared to my back, nothing really hurt. My language was Italian. Per la Vita was now tattooed on my arm. Adam left and I got in my truck. I looked at my phone and saw the Emma had tried calling me. I tossed the phone into the passenger seat. I couldn’t talk to her right now. The sky was being dark with rain clouds. I sat in my truck listening to the thunder. I felt as if I am living a dream, as if the life I’m living now is not real. It sure doesn’t feel real, I wish it wasn’t real. I sigh and start my truck. I then head for the prison. I need to talk to my dad.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry I havn't posted for awhile. I was gone for a week on a mission trip, which was amazing!

I know this chapter is pretty short but I just wanted to post something for you guys! I hope you enjoyed it. Please let me know what you think, it would mean alot to me and it always help. Thanks for reading!