Late Night Highs and Sunday Prayers

Immediately, my heart and brain went into overdrive, How did Nick find out I was sneaking out? Did Maddie squeal? How the heck did he get into my room? I swear I locked that door, didn't I?

"H-how did you get in here?" I stammered, the force of my heart beating in my chest literally making my voice shake. He looked pissed and tired,definitely NOT a good combination.

"I have a key," he answered.

A key? There is a key?

"The better question is why are you sneaking into the house at 2 am?"

There was no acceptable answer to this question. It was really more rhetorical. No matter what the answer was, I was in a shit ton of trouble regardless. This was definitely one of those times where honesty was NOT the best policy. The only purpose the truth would serve would be to get Matt in trouble as well. In this situation, the best policy was to DENY DENY DENY.

"You know what, dont bother, I know exactly why," he said, sounding even more irritated. "You are not allowed to date him anymore."

"What?! Why not? I wasn't even with Matt!" I argued.

"Oh, is that so?" asked Nick mockingly. It was clear he didn't buy my story.

"Yes, it is! I was at Morgan's, call her, and ask," I challenged knowing he wouldn't dare call her house at this hour.

My challenge only seemed to fuel his frustration. "You are grounded, Cecelia! You aren't supposed to be spending time with your friends let alone sneaking out of this house in the middle of the night to see them," he said his voice no longer quiet or calm as he stood from my desk chair grabbing his belt already laying on my bed waiting.

Shit shit shit.

"Nick, I..."

"We are done discussing this tonight," he said, cutting me off as he set the chair from my desk in front of him.

I sighed, giving Nick my best pleading look as a last attempt to change my fate. I was not successful.

"Now Cecelia," he barked. My breath hitched at his tone. He was definitely in no mood for my stalling.

Accepting my fate, I walked over and assumed the position bending over and gripping the seat of the chair in my hands. Nick wasted no time or words for that matter, as the first lick of the belt cracked down across my ass making me jump. I hadn't been quite ready for that one, Nick usually gave some sort of verbal cue, letting me know he was about to start. Tonight, I was not given that luxury. I had no time to get over the shock of the first lick before the second, third, and fourth lick landed in a constant stream of fiery stripes across my ass. I have NEVER been brought to tears so quickly by Nick before. The reluctance he usually showed when having to give me the belt was not present. The licks he was delivering were STRONG and with purpose. It was clear he wanted to make damn sure I was sorry for disobeying him.

-Nick's POV-

When I woke up around 12:30, sweating and thirsty, I knew my blood sugar was high...unfortunately, that was the least of my worries. I had stumbled my way to the kitchen for a bottle of water before heading upstairs. I knew CeCe would still be awake. She always has been a little night owl and my late night highs buddy. When I found the door locked my heart sunk...there are only two reasons for her to lock her door, and seeing as how I didn't hear any sound coming from the room I knew that she was gone. I can't believe she snuck out. Well, I mean, I CAN believe it. This used to be the room Joe and I shared in our teen years, that tree outside the window had been used to sneak out many a time...it was inevitable that she would sneak out at some point; I was just hoping it would be Joe to bust her doing it not me. To make matters worse, I had already grounded her. She deliberately disobeyed me. I hated giving my sister the belt and not because I didn't find it to be an effective form of punishment. It is how we were all raised, I just hated administering it. Of course my hesitation about her punishment and my high blood sugar had dwindled as I sat in her room for almost two hours in a full blown panic waiting for her to get home, and then she didn't even seem to feel sorry about disobeying me or breaking the rules. I am fairly certain she is lying to me about where she has been. I wasn't holding back this time. She deserved this punishment for sure. For the most part, Cecelia stays pretty silent when getting the belt. It's a pride thing, and she would much rather bite through her own lip than to admit defeat. This time was different. She was not as successful at hiding the fact that she was crying as I rained the belt down. When I landed the tenth stripe of her punishment across the tops of her thighs, she let out a hiss as she drew a breath through her clenched teeth and started to sob. Thighs.hurt. My heart shattered, and suddenly, tears flooded my own eyes. My only solution was to just get it over with as quickly as possible. The last six licks of the belt I landed swiftly and soundly to the underside of her butt, those would be the ones she felt for a while...every time she went to sit, she would be reminded. I tossed the belt onto the floor and pulled her into a hug.